Where are the "not this again" threads

• Thread starter martix
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Threads
In summary, the conversation discusses the relocation of certain threads that used to be in FAQ sections to the STEM learning materials forum. The participants also reminisce about the old days and suggest having sticky messages in relevant forums for easy access to frequently asked topics.
martix
Help me out here if you will...
I remember, before... a long time ago... in their respective sections there were a select few threads explaining a certain few topics that seemed to crop up incessantly.
Things like why 0.(9) == 1 and that all too familiar "What if we had a really long rod and pushed on one end?".

Where are those now?

Physics news on Phys.org
martix said:
Help me out here if you will...
I remember, before... a long time ago... in their respective sections there were a select few threads explaining a certain few topics that seemed to crop up incessantly.
Things like why 0.(9) == 1 and that all too familiar "What if we had a really long rod and pushed on one end?".

Where are those now?
They used to be in FAQ sections but now have been moved to the https://www.physicsforums.com/forums/stem-learning-materials.160/ forum. You really have to dig around to find any particular one.

Last edited by a moderator:
phinds said:
They used to be in FAQ sections but now have been moved to the https://www.physicsforums.com/forums/stem-learning-materials.160/ forum. You really have to dig around to find any particular one.
Thank youz very muchoz!
I found what I was looking for.

Ahh, the good ol' days:

light-jpg.30852.jpg

Likes OmCheeto, DennisN, JonDE and 2 others
Could we have a sticky message in each of the relevant forums, titled e.g. "Relativity FAQ" (etc) and containing the relevant link e.g. https://www.physicsforums.com/forums/stem-learning-materials.160/?prefix_id=85 (etc)

LOL Russ

classic !

russ_watters said:
Ahh, the good ol' days:

light-jpg.30852.jpg
Obviously its relative.Sorry I couldn't resist.

1. Where can I find the "not this again" threads?

The "not this again" threads can typically be found on internet forums or discussion boards where users can create and participate in threads on various topics.

2. How do I avoid seeing "not this again" threads?

If you do not wish to see "not this again" threads, you can try filtering or blocking certain keywords or phrases on your internet browser or forum settings. You can also choose to ignore or skip over these threads when scrolling through the forum.

3. Why are "not this again" threads so common?

"Not this again" threads may be common because they often involve popular or controversial topics that continue to generate discussion and debate among users. They may also be created by individuals who are new to the forum and are not aware that the topic has been discussed before.

4. Can I contribute to "not this again" threads?

Yes, you can contribute to "not this again" threads by sharing your thoughts and opinions on the topic. However, it is important to be respectful and considerate of others' views, as these types of threads can often become heated or repetitive.

5. Are "not this again" threads useful?

This can vary depending on the individual and the specific thread. Some people may find these threads beneficial for discussing and learning about different perspectives on a topic. However, others may see them as repetitive and unproductive. Ultimately, it is up to the individual to decide if they find "not this again" threads useful.