Where Can I Find a Free Student Version of AutoCAD?

In summary, there are various options for finding a student version of AutoCAD, such as searching through college bookstores, using specific search terms on Google, or purchasing it from a site like CADCampus. Some people also suggest using pirated versions, but it is not recommended as it is illegal and may not provide all the necessary features for studying and preparing for industry use. Alternatively, the student version can also be downloaded for free from the AutoCAD website with a three year subscription after registration.
Nothing000
Where can I find a student version of AutoCAD? I have looked and can not find one. Surely they offer one. I bought the student version of MATLAB and have been extremely happy with it.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Have you tried your college bookstore? How about googling "student autocad buy"...

edit: the student version is called "AutoCAD LT", btw, so a google for that will find it too.

Thanks russ. But I think that AutoCAD LT would work for me. AutoCAD LT is a scaled down version of AutoCAD that is for 2D designs. My class requires the 3D functionality. But I have found a site that sells a student version that lasts a year for $160. Here is the link if anyone is interested:
http://www.cadcampus.com/

hmmmm not that i condone it, but i recall pirated versions of EVERYTHING doing the rounds at college??
on that note actually i think such software should be given out free to students, they charge you for a student version of autocad, MATLAB whatever, which your not going to get financial gain from as student anyway!so that when you qualify you'll buy them, give them more dosh!

they shold adopt the banking worlds mentallity, banks give great deals for students, free atm cards, no charges for drafts etc (some even give interest free overdrafts), all because they know its in the banks long term interest!

Mmm. Definitely DO NOT use pirated software when you're a student. Having all that functionality for your studies, and training yourself to use something which will be invaluable for use in industry, whilst not really costing the software company anything since if you can use their software, you'll be buying industrial licenses in a few years time anyway, would just be a silly idea.

Wink wink.

You can find the student version by searching through internet.There are various sites on internet that provide student version of internet.

The student version is free online to download off of the AUTOCad website. I know so because I got it this morning, it's a free three year subscription. You just have to register

1. What is the "Student version of AutoCAD"?

The Student version of AutoCAD is a version of the popular computer-aided design software specifically designed for students and educators. It has all the features of the professional version, but at a significantly reduced cost for educational purposes.

2. How is the "Student version of AutoCAD" different from the professional version?

The Student version of AutoCAD has the same features and functionality as the professional version, but with a few limitations. For example, it may have a watermark on printed or saved drawings, and it cannot be used for commercial purposes.

3. Who is eligible to use the "Student version of AutoCAD"?

The Student version of AutoCAD is available to students and educators who are currently enrolled in a qualified educational institution. This includes high school, college, and vocational schools.

4. What are the benefits of using the "Student version of AutoCAD"?

The Student version of AutoCAD allows students to gain hands-on experience with a professional-grade software used in many industries, such as architecture, engineering, and construction. It also allows educators to incorporate AutoCAD into their curriculum at a lower cost.

5. What happens to the "Student version of AutoCAD" after graduation?

After graduation, students can continue to use the Student version of AutoCAD for non-commercial purposes. However, they may need to upgrade to the professional version if they plan to use AutoCAD for commercial projects. They may also be eligible for a discounted upgrade price.