Where can I find a free website to upload my files?

• Thread starter Saint
  • Start date
  • Tags
    File
In summary, I am looking for a website that offers free space for me to upload files and I have been recommended to use the program WWW File Share. This program creates a makeshift website where others can connect to my IP and view files in an assigned directory. It also has features such as username/password protection, editable HTML, and it is free. Another option is Brinkster, but it may no longer be free. Tripod is also suggested as an alternative for uploading files.
Saint
I need to find a website offering free space for me to upload files, can u please recommend me ? :biggrin:

Computer science news on Phys.org
I use this program, WWW File Share

Seems to do just what you're asking. Basically, it creates a makeshift website where someone can connect to your IP and view files you have in an assigned directory. It does not need webspace, since the clients are just uploading the files.

Nice features include:
1) username/password protection
2) nearly-fully editable html
3) free

edit*
O wait, to upload files to? I don't know.

Related to Where can I find a free website to upload my files?

1. Where can I upload a file?

There are many different websites and platforms that allow you to upload files, such as Google Drive, Dropbox, and OneDrive. You can also upload files to specific websites or online forums that have a file upload feature.

2. Can I upload a file to any website?

No, not all websites have the capability for users to upload files. Only websites that have a specific file upload feature or allow users to attach files to their posts or messages will allow you to upload a file.

3. How do I upload a file from my computer?

The process of uploading a file from your computer will vary depending on the website or platform you are using. In general, you will need to click on a "upload" or "attach" button, select the file from your computer, and then click "upload" or "submit". Some websites may also allow you to drag and drop the file directly into the designated area.

4. Are there any restrictions on the type or size of file I can upload?

Yes, some websites may have restrictions on the type or size of files that can be uploaded. For example, some websites may only allow certain file types, such as images or documents, while others may have a maximum file size limit. It is important to check the website's guidelines or terms of use before attempting to upload a file.

5. Is it safe to upload files online?

In general, it is safe to upload files online as long as you are using a reputable website or platform. However, it is always important to be cautious and avoid uploading sensitive or personal information to unknown or unsecured websites. It is also a good idea to regularly check and update your privacy settings on websites that you frequently upload files to.