Where can I find the following coefficients for a car?

In summary, the person is seeking help in finding coefficients related to a car, such as mass, moment of inertia, driving force, wheel lateral forces, steering control input, and a constant coefficient. They have tried searching on Google but only found books, specifically "Introduction to Mobile Robot Control". They are wondering if there are any other resources, potentially related to race cars, that could provide the needed information.
Dohako
Homework Statement
I need to find coefficients for car, all of them must be about the same car, but I don't kbow where to look, can you help me?
Relevant Equations
m - mass of the WMR
J - moment of inertia of the WMR about G
F_d - driving force
F_f; F_r - front and rear wheel lateral forces
T - time constant of the steering system
u_s - steering control input
K - a constant coefficient (gain)
Fd - (1/r=tau_d), with r the rear wheel radius, and tau_d the applied motor torque.2
Homework Statement: I need to find coefficients for car, all of them must be about the same car, but I don't kbow where to look, can you help me?
Homework Equations: m - mass of the WMR
J - moment of inertia of the WMR about G
F_d - driving force
F_f; F_r - front and rear wheel lateral forces
T - time constant of the steering system
u_s - steering control input
K - a constant coefficient (gain)
Fd - (1/r=tau_d), with r the rear wheel radius, and tau_d the applied motor torque.2

So I tried to look in google, but all I found is same books, from which I took this formulas. The book is "introduction to mobile robot control"

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

I'm guessing that your best chance would be to find the specs on some race car, since all of those things will be part of the car's design. But most race teams would not want to publish such specs outside of the team, I would guess.

I'll ping @Ranger Mike to see if he has any ideas...

1. What are coefficients for a car?

The coefficients for a car refer to the numerical values that describe its performance and characteristics. These values include the coefficient of drag, coefficient of friction, coefficient of rolling resistance, coefficient of lift, and coefficient of air resistance.

2. Where can I find the coefficient of drag for a car?

The coefficient of drag for a car can typically be found in the car's technical specifications or in its user manual. It can also be calculated using various formulas and methods, such as wind tunnel testing or computer simulations.

3. How do I determine the coefficient of friction for a car?

The coefficient of friction for a car can be determined by conducting a brake test, where the car is brought to a controlled stop on a flat surface. The distance traveled and the initial speed of the car can be used to calculate the coefficient of friction using the equation: coefficient of friction = (final speed^2)/(initial speed^2).

4. What is the significance of the coefficient of rolling resistance for a car?

The coefficient of rolling resistance for a car is a measure of the energy required to keep the wheels of the car rolling at a constant speed. A lower coefficient of rolling resistance means the car requires less energy to move, resulting in better fuel efficiency.

5. Can the coefficients for a car change over time?

Yes, the coefficients for a car can change over time due to various factors such as wear and tear, changes in weather conditions, and modifications made to the car. It is important to regularly maintain and service a car to ensure its coefficients remain optimal for performance and safety.