Where to buy MacBook Pro Retina Battery

• Thread starter member 428835
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Battery
In summary, the conversation is about purchasing a new battery for a MacBook Pro 13" Retina Late 2013 model. The person is considering buying it from a specific website, but is unsure if they should buy directly from Apple or look for cheaper options. Another person suggests buying from the Apple store to ensure the battery is genuine and to preserve the warranty. They also mention that Apple batteries have added circuits to monitor battery health.
Computer science news on Phys.org
There's always cheaper alternatives but a genuine Apple battery preserves your warranty especially with the spate of defective batteries in different circumstances and products in the news.

Batteries have added circuits to monitor the battery charge and health and an apple battery will naturally conform to that standard.

Thanks!

Buy from Apple store. You can't tell the battery is genuine or not if you purchased from third-party stores.

1. Where can I find a replacement battery for my MacBook Pro Retina?

There are a few different places you can purchase a replacement battery for your MacBook Pro Retina. One option is directly from Apple's website or an Apple retail store. You can also find third-party batteries from retailers such as Amazon or Best Buy.

2. How much does a replacement battery for a MacBook Pro Retina typically cost?

The cost of a replacement battery for a MacBook Pro Retina can vary depending on where you purchase it from. On average, an official battery from Apple can cost around $200, while third-party batteries can range from $50 to $150.

3. Can I replace the battery on my own, or do I need to take it to a professional?

While it is possible to replace the battery on your own, it is recommended to take your MacBook Pro Retina to a professional for replacement. This is because it can be a complicated process and if not done correctly, it can cause damage to your device.

4. How do I know if my MacBook Pro Retina needs a new battery?

There are a few signs that may indicate your MacBook Pro Retina needs a new battery. These include a significant decrease in battery life, the computer shutting down unexpectedly, or the battery not holding a charge at all. You can also check the battery health in your computer's settings to see if it needs to be replaced.

5. Are there any precautions I should take when buying a replacement battery for my MacBook Pro Retina?

Yes, it is important to make sure you are purchasing a high-quality, certified battery from a reputable source. Be cautious of extremely low prices or sellers with little to no reviews. It is also important to follow proper installation instructions and handle the battery with care to avoid any damage.