Which is harder to crack: a smaller or larger screen?

In summary, the size of the screen may not necessarily determine its resistance to cracking. The force would be spread out more on a larger screen, but the flexibility of the screen may also play a role. It is difficult to determine which screen would be more safe with a screen protector, as it depends on the specific design and support of the screen. Ultimately, the sturdiness of a screen may vary based on its size and other factors.
Regtic
Is it harder to crack a smaller screen or a larger screen? Why? For example, if I hit an iPhone with a hammer, would it break more or less than if I did the same to an iPad? Would it change which is more safe if I put a screen protector on?

The force would be the same in both cases but it would be spread out more in the case of the iPad right? Or would the force spread out the same except the iPad might have less support near the center causing it to crack more easily?

Physics news on Phys.org
Just a guess, but I'd imagine the smaller screen would be stiffer for a given thickness, thus harder to crack...all other things being equal...which may not be the case.

Since the top layer of the screen is supported by underlying layers, I think the flexibility of the screen would be a minor factor. I'd expect both a large and small screen to withstand similar blows before cracking. I'd expect this to hold true until one screen is MUCH larger than the other and the flexibility becomes a bigger factor. But that's just my guess.

What is meant by "cracking"?

"Cracking" refers to the process of breaking into a secure system or code without proper authorization.

What are some examples of systems that can be cracked?

Some examples of systems that can be cracked include computer passwords, encrypted files, and online accounts.

Which is harder to crack: a password or an encryption code?

Generally, encryption codes are harder to crack than passwords since they are designed to be more complex and difficult to decipher.

Why is it important to have strong security measures to prevent cracking?

Having strong security measures in place helps protect sensitive information and data from being accessed by unauthorized individuals, preventing potential harm or theft.

What are some methods used to crack systems?

Some common methods used to crack systems include brute force attacks, social engineering, and malware. These methods exploit vulnerabilities in the system to gain unauthorized access.