Which is the correct solution for Optical Image Overlap?

In summary: The answer to that depends on the context of the problem. In some cases, one of the solutions may be more accurate than the other. However, in this case, both solutions are correct.
csirvi
IMG-20200414-WA0075.jpg

[Moderator's note: Moved from a technical forum and thus no template. Own effort in next post.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Is this solution is possible if not then why?

Attachments

• IMG-20200414-WA0076.jpg
    IMG-20200414-WA0076.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 97
Looks fine to me.

I notice the sign isn’t consistent with all the other signs. You didn’t do the signs the way I would have, but I think the way you did them you would have to still write f as positive.

Normally the sign conventions are relative to the actual direction of the light. If the object is on the same side of the optic as the light is coming from the object is real and the sign is positive. If the image is on the side of the optic the light is going toward, the image is real and the sign is positive. If the optic is focusing the focal length is positive. In that convention x is positive, x+10 is positive, and f is positive.

How many posible answer of this problem

Ha! That feels like a trick question. All right, I’ll bite. I believe there is only one. In fact, I believe it even only works on axis as the virtual source and the real image move in opposite directions when you move the real source.

Like after reflecting concave mirror if the ray retrace its paththen also we can get a value of x that is also a probability.

csirvi said:
Like after reflecting concave mirror if the ray retrace its paththen also we can get a value of x that is also a probability.

Well, that does put the image on top of the object, and that is all the question explicitly asks. So I guess that is a valid answer.

However you should note that those are fundamentally different. In the solution using both mirrors the light not only returns to the object, but it is also traveling in the original direction. If it can pass through the object it will happily go around again and again. This constitutes a resonator. You can stick gain in where the source is and make a laser.

Still my doubt is that out of these two which is correct. If anyone solution is wrong then why ? Out of this.

1. What is optical image overlap?

Optical image overlap refers to the amount of overlap between two or more optical images, typically captured by a camera or other optical device. This can be important for tasks such as image stitching or creating 3D reconstructions.

2. How do I determine the correct solution for optical image overlap?

The correct solution for optical image overlap will depend on the specific task at hand. Factors such as the type of images being captured, the desired level of accuracy, and the available software or equipment will all play a role in determining the best solution.

3. What are some common methods for achieving optical image overlap?

Some common methods for achieving optical image overlap include using specialized cameras or lenses, adjusting camera settings such as focal length and aperture, and using software algorithms for image stitching or alignment.

4. How can I improve the accuracy of my optical image overlap?

To improve the accuracy of optical image overlap, it is important to carefully calibrate your equipment and use high-quality images. Additionally, using advanced software algorithms and techniques such as feature detection and matching can also help improve accuracy.

5. Are there any challenges or limitations to achieving accurate optical image overlap?

Yes, there are several challenges and limitations to achieving accurate optical image overlap. These can include factors such as lighting conditions, image distortion, and the presence of moving objects or changes in the scene. Additionally, the accuracy of the overlap may also be limited by the capabilities of the equipment or software being used.