Which one earns more money: free iOS app or free iPhone app?

In summary,-Both the free iOS app and the free iPhone app are offered through the itunes store, but the iPhone app makes more money. You need a developer account to create the app information in itunes connect and upload the app via Apple Application Loader, and then wait 5 days for it to be reviewed. After the app is approved, you need to purchase in-app upgrades or ads to make money.
Math10
Which one makes more money: free iOS app or free iPhone app?

Technology news on Phys.org
Aren't both offered through the itunes store? What's the difference?

I don't know.

What is your real question? iPhone app is iOS. Also how can you earn money if it's free? Are you thinking in-app purchasing?

Yes, I'm thinking in-app purchasing. I thinking about making a free game app.

So after making a free game app, do I go to the Apple Store to submit it?

So after making a free game app, I have to create a developer account, and then?

Math10 said:
So after making a free game app, I have to create a developer account, and then?
Create the app information in itunes connect via your developer account then upload the app via Apple Application Loader. Then wait 5 days for it to be reviewed.

And then? How do I get my income?

Just read what is there. Apple (and Google) document pretty much every single comma of monetization, we are not lawyers. You wanted to make a free app, now you need micro-transactions, phishing (I did not type that), ads or something else to get money from it.

Suggesting "* for Dummies" never sounds right. A friend almost got fired because of this.

Should I learn Objective-C for developing iOS game app?

It seems by far the most common choice. Although I really think that there are alternatives, coding for iOS or Android is not completely language agnostic. You need to pick one that has a big enough user base and that is well supported. It basically narrows down to C# (MS), Java (Google) and O-C (Apple).

mafagafo said:
Suggesting "* for Dummies" never sounds right. A friend almost got fired because of this.

That's the sort of company that makes a bad employer. He might want to think about moving up in the world.

1. What is the difference between a free iOS app and a free iPhone app?

A free iOS app is a mobile application that can be downloaded and used on any Apple device that runs on the iOS operating system. This includes smartphones, tablets, and smartwatches. On the other hand, a free iPhone app is specifically designed and optimized for use on an iPhone.

2. Which type of app typically earns more money?

It really depends on the app and its target audience. Generally, free iOS apps have a larger potential user base since they can be used on multiple devices. However, free iPhone apps may have a higher chance of earning more money if they are specifically tailored to the iPhone's capabilities and features.

3. How do free iOS apps and free iPhone apps generate revenue?

Both types of apps can generate revenue through in-app purchases, advertisements, and subscriptions. They may also offer premium features or a paid version of the app with more advanced functionalities.

4. Are there any other factors that affect the earning potential of free iOS and free iPhone apps?

Yes, there are several other factors that can impact the earning potential of these apps. These include the app's popularity, user engagement, competition, and the overall quality and usefulness of the app.

5. Can you convert a free iOS app into a free iPhone app or vice versa?

Yes, it is possible to convert an app from one type to another. However, it may require additional development and optimization to ensure the app functions well on the different devices. It is important to carefully consider the target audience and platform before deciding which type of app to develop.