Which Physics Book Should High School Student Buy?

• Classical
  • Thread starter Ismael20d
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Book
In summary, the author is looking for a book on Physics for university, and recommends Serway, Sears, and Zemansky's University Physics, as well as Handbook of Physics.
Ismael20d
Hello,
I have been looking for a forum where they can help me with my decision, I am a high school student of 4 semester, currently mathematics course IV introduction to the precalculus (I am seeing reverse function) I would like to buy a book of physics to have the necessary fundamentals for when I enter To university (I plan to study physical-mathematics) and I want to buy a book among the following authors:
- Serway physics for scientists and engineers (9th Edition)
- Sears and Zemansky's university physics (13th Edition)
- Tipler physics for scientists and engineers (6th Edition)
- Tippens physics (7th Edition)
- Resnick physics (5th Edition)
I look forward to your help.

PS: I am from Mexico, I am 17 years old and in 1 year I go to university
PD2: It does not matter that the book has a precalculation, I will start some online courses on mathematics from the beginning to linear and differential calculus,I'm just looking for the fundamentals of physics that is fundamental to me, since practicing at the moment of seeing her at school always makes me very easy

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't know all of these books, but I don't think you can really go wrong with either. I do, however, strongly suggest that you don't waste your money buying the latest edition. Buy the cheapest older edition you can find.

Likes jasonRF
Sears and Zemansky's University Physics does modern physics really well.

i have Serway physics for scientists and engineers as real book
and both (Sears and Zemansky's - resnick) as pdfs . i think there is not much difference between them
i used serway and found it really helpfull for me and all of my physics professors was suggesting it
- i strongly advice you to buy a used older version i bought ( the third edition for 60$ )
serway.jpg

- another book i have is called (Handbook of physics ) is quite good as reference
but quite hard for a high school student (it contains the physical subject with very high level math)
not for the faint of hearts.
handbook-of-physics-by-b-yavorsky-and-a-detlaf-1975-p108936-02.JPG

Likes dextercioby

1. What are the top recommended physics books for high school students?

The top recommended physics books for high school students are "Conceptual Physics" by Paul G. Hewitt, "Fundamentals of Physics" by David Halliday and Robert Resnick, "Physics for Scientists and Engineers" by Raymond A. Serway and John W. Jewett, "The Cartoon Guide to Physics" by Larry Gonick and Art Huffman, and "The Elegant Universe" by Brian Greene.

2. Are there any physics books specifically designed for high school students?

Yes, there are several physics books specifically designed for high school students. Some examples include "Conceptual Physics" by Paul G. Hewitt, "Physics for Scientists and Engineers" by Raymond A. Serway and John W. Jewett, and "Fundamentals of Physics" by David Halliday and Robert Resnick.

3. What factors should be considered when choosing a physics book for a high school student?

When choosing a physics book for a high school student, factors to consider may include the student's level of understanding and interest in physics, the level of difficulty of the book, the book's approach to teaching physics concepts, and any additional resources or study aids included in the book.

4. Are there any interactive or visual physics books available for high school students?

Yes, there are interactive and visual physics books available for high school students. Some examples include "The Cartoon Guide to Physics" by Larry Gonick and Art Huffman, "The Manga Guide to Physics" by Hideo Nitta, Keita Takatsu, and Co Ltd. Trend Pro, and "The Physics Book: Big Ideas Simply Explained" by DK Publishing and Jim Al-Khalili.

5. Is it necessary to purchase a physics book for a high school student, or are there other resources available?

While having a physics book can be helpful for studying and understanding concepts, there are also other resources available for high school students. These may include online resources, videos, and interactive simulations. It ultimately depends on the student's learning style and preferences.