Why Does My Thermocouple Show Incorrect Temperatures?

• Thread starter Kaly
  • Start date
In summary, the person is seeking help with their temperature readings, as they are getting conflicting results when using T type thermocouples. They are asked for more information about their DAQ setup, including the instrument being used, the connection method, and the type of thermocouple being used.
Kaly
Hello,

Has anybody used it before? I am having trouble regarding readings it is giving me.. It seems to raise the temp when T type thermocouples are dipped in ice and lower the temp when dipped in hot water.. numbers don't make sense to me. Please help

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Kaly said:
Hello,

Has anybody used it before? I am having trouble regarding readings it is giving me.. It seems to raise the temp when T type thermocouples are dipped in ice and lower the temp when dipped in hot water.. numbers don't make sense to me. Please help
Can you post a lot more info on your DAQ setup? What instrument are you using to measure the temperature? How are you connecting to it (Ethernet, USB, wireless, etc.)? What type of thermocouple are you using, and are you sure your temperature measuring device matches that thermocouple type?

Related to Why Does My Thermocouple Show Incorrect Temperatures?

1. What is Personal DaqView?

Personal DaqView is a data acquisition and analysis software tool designed for use with Dataq Instruments' data acquisition products. It allows users to view, log, and analyze data in real-time from a variety of input sources.

2. How do I use Personal DaqView?

To use Personal DaqView, you will need to have a compatible data acquisition device from Dataq Instruments. Once you have the hardware, you can install the software on your computer and connect the hardware to start collecting data. The software also includes a user-friendly interface for viewing and analyzing the data.

3. What types of data can Personal DaqView collect?

Personal DaqView can collect data from a variety of input sources, including analog and digital signals, temperature sensors, and strain gauges. It can also collect data from external devices such as GPS receivers and accelerometers.

4. Can Personal DaqView analyze data in real-time?

Yes, Personal DaqView has real-time analysis capabilities that allow users to view and analyze data as it is being collected. This feature is particularly useful for monitoring and detecting any anomalies or changes in the data in real-time.

5. Is Personal DaqView compatible with other software programs?

Yes, Personal DaqView can export data to other software programs for further analysis. It also has the ability to integrate with other software tools and programming languages such as MATLAB and LabVIEW, making it a versatile option for data acquisition and analysis.