Why don't compound microscopes use an erecting lens like terrestrial telescopes?

In summary, the use of an erecting lens is necessary in terrestrial telescopes to correct the inverted image formed by the objective lens. However, in astronomical telescopes, there is no need for an erecting lens because the symmetrical nature of astronomical bodies means that an inverted image does not affect their appearance. Similarly, in compound microscopes, an erecting lens is not needed because the symmetry of micro particles does not impact their observation.
arvindsharma
I read that in terrestrial telescope there is an erecting lens whose function is to erect the inverted image formed by objective lens so that final image formed by eyepiece is also erect.there is no need of erecting lens in astronomical telescope because astronomical bodies are symmetrical in nature and hence they look alike whether image is inverted or erect.my doubt is why do not we use an erecting lens in compound microscope also because microscope also form an inverted image and micro particles which are seen through these microscopes may not be symmetrical in nature.please clear my doubt.i will be thankful.Regards
Arvind.

Physics news on Phys.org
arvindsharma said:
my doubt is why do not we use an erecting lens in compound microscope also because microscope also form an inverted image
You're not scanning the horizon from left to right through a microscope with your head turning the opposite way through a microscope as it would be with an "un-erected" telescope. Some people can do it without getting seasick, others can't.

The image of symmetric object argument has the sound of something made up on the spur of the moment to quiet a classroom..

In regards to the symmetry of an object, I think what is meant is that in space and on a microscope slide there are no preferred directions like there are when viewing a terrestrial scene. If a nebula or bacterium is "upside down" it doesn't really matter, as there isn't one correct orientation anyways. But if you're trying to view a bird or a landscape, then having your view upside down or mirrored is extremely disorienting.

What is a microscope?

A microscope is a scientific instrument that allows us to view objects that are too small to be seen with the naked eye. It uses lenses to magnify the image of the object, allowing us to see it in greater detail.

What are the two main types of microscopes?

The two main types of microscopes are light microscopes and electron microscopes. Light microscopes use visible light to magnify the image, while electron microscopes use a beam of electrons.

What is the difference between a compound microscope and a stereo microscope?

A compound microscope has two sets of lenses that work together to magnify the image, while a stereo microscope has two separate optical paths that create a 3D image of the object.

What is a telescope?

A telescope is a scientific instrument that helps us view objects that are far away, such as stars and planets. It uses lenses or mirrors to collect and focus light, making distant objects appear closer and clearer.

What are the two main types of telescopes?

The two main types of telescopes are refracting telescopes and reflecting telescopes. Refracting telescopes use lenses to gather and focus light, while reflecting telescopes use mirrors.