Will I be at the 4 year I transfer to for four years?

• Thread starter frozenguy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Year Years
In summary, it is realistic for the individual to graduate with a Bachelor's degree in Aeronautical Engineering in seven years, but this may be affected by factors such as course load and credit requirements. It is important to plan carefully and communicate with advisors to stay on track for graduation.
frozenguy
I've been studying at my local community college since spring of 08 semester, including summers. I'll be finished with calc 1-3, diff eq, lin alg, statics, chemistry, physics 1-3, engineering 1, and possibly dynamics by the time I transfer.

I haven't spoken with a Cal Poly adviser yet, just my current one, but I suspect he/she will recommend the same as this is what's on the assist.org website for transfers to Cal Poly..

My concern is that I'm not going to be able to apply until fall of 2010 for fall of 2011 semester.

When I do transfer, I'm going to have to take ALL the upper division, plus some of the remaining specialized lower division work I couldn't complete at my current school.

So if AE is a 4/5 year major, how long do you think it will be with some of the major lower division stuff knocked out but not all?

I'm concerned because I just turned 25 this past June and I'm realizing I waited WAY too long to go back to school.

At my current rate, I'm looking to graduate with a BS by the time I'm turning 30.

I plan to go straight into a masters program so I won't be out until I'm like 32.

I know its good I started now, sooner then later, but is this realistic? Seven years?

I'll add that in spring, I wanted to master my foundation in algebra, so I started off with algebra and intro to chemistry. Now I'm almost done with Calc 2 and I finished my third semester of Chemistry last spring. So I had to work my way back up a bit since high school.

I was never big into high school, much more of a go outside and figure things out for myself. I decided I wanted to build a spaceship and decided I should go to school :P

So here I am. I've never been more passionate about anything.

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, it is realistic to graduate with a Bachelor's degree in Aeronautical Engineering in seven years. However, there are some factors that can affect the length of time needed for completion. For instance, if you are taking classes part-time instead of full-time, this could extend the amount of time needed to complete the program. Additionally, the types of courses you take and the number of credits you take per semester can also affect how long it will take you to finish the program. If you are really passionate about Aeronautical Engineering and have a clear plan for completing your courses, then seven years is definitely achievable. Make sure to make good use of your time by taking as many courses as you can each semester and taking advantage of any accelerated classes or summer sessions which may be available at your school. Additionally, keep in communication with your advisor to ensure that you are taking the right classes and staying on track for graduation. Good luck!

I cannot provide a definite answer to your question as it ultimately depends on various factors such as your academic performance, availability of courses, and your own personal goals and priorities. However, I can offer some insights and considerations based on the information provided.

Firstly, it is great that you have been proactive in planning your academic journey and have taken a variety of courses in preparation for your transfer to a 4-year institution. This shows your determination and commitment to your education.

It is also understandable that you may have concerns about the potential length of your academic journey. It is important to keep in mind that the time it takes to complete a degree can vary for each individual and there is no one-size-fits-all answer. The fact that you have completed some lower division courses and have a plan to complete the remaining specialized courses is a positive sign and may potentially shorten the time it takes to complete your degree.

Additionally, it is important to consider the potential benefits of taking your time to complete your degree. By taking the time to fully understand and master the foundation courses, you may have a stronger understanding and foundation for your upper division courses. This can ultimately lead to better academic performance and a deeper understanding of the subject matter.

Furthermore, age should not be a limiting factor in pursuing your education. It is never too late to go back to school and many individuals have successful academic and professional careers later in life. It is important to focus on your own personal goals and priorities rather than comparing yourself to others.

In terms of your plan to go straight into a master's program, it is important to keep in mind that many factors can affect this timeline, such as admission requirements, availability of courses, and your own academic performance. It is important to have a backup plan in case your timeline needs to be adjusted.

In conclusion, while it is understandable to have concerns about the potential length of your academic journey, it is important to remember that everyone's journey is unique and there is no one right answer. Focus on your own personal goals and priorities, and continue to work hard and stay determined. Best of luck in your academic pursuits.

Related to Will I be at the 4 year I transfer to for four years?

1. What are the requirements for transferring to a 4-year university?

The requirements for transferring to a 4-year university vary depending on the specific university and program you are applying to. Generally, you will need to have completed a certain number of credits at your current institution, have a minimum GPA, and meet any specific course requirements for your intended major. It is important to research the requirements of the university you are interested in transferring to.

2. Will my credits transfer to the 4-year university?

The transfer of credits from one institution to another is determined by the receiving university. They will evaluate your transcript and determine which credits are applicable to their program. It is recommended to speak with an advisor at the university you are transferring to in order to understand their credit transfer policies.

3. Can I transfer to a 4-year university after only 2 years of college?

Yes, it is possible to transfer to a 4-year university after completing only 2 years of college. However, this will depend on the specific university's transfer policies and the courses you have completed during those 2 years. It is important to research the transfer requirements of the university you are interested in.

4. How will transferring to a 4-year university affect my financial aid?

Transferring to a 4-year university may affect your financial aid. You will need to complete a FAFSA for the new university and they will determine your eligibility for financial aid based on their own policies. It is important to speak with the financial aid office at the university you are transferring to in order to understand any changes in your financial aid.

5. Will I have to start over as a freshman at the 4-year university?

No, you will not have to start over as a freshman at the 4-year university. Your previous college credits will transfer and you will be considered a transfer student. This may affect your class standing and the courses you will need to take at the new university. It is important to speak with an advisor at the university you are transferring to in order to plan your courses accordingly.