Would moving the mouths of a wormhole affect the internal distance?

Earthworm69
TL;DR Summary
If you move one mouth of a wormhole away relative to the other mouth, what happens to the space inside of it?
Lets say I formed a traversible wormhole with one mouth on each end of my garage. If I picked up one of the ends and drove it to the park, would the distance inside the wormhole increase or otherwise be effected as well?

This is my first post on physics forums - Hi everybody!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wormhole

Physics news on Phys.org
Earthworm69 said:
Lets say I formed a traversible wormhole with one mouth on each end of my garage. If I picked up one of the ends and drove it to the park, would the distance inside the wormhole increase or otherwise be effected as well?
In the traversable wormhole solution described in the Wikipedia article you reference, the one published by Kip Thorne and others, no, the distance through the wormhole would not change.

Earthworm69 said:
This is my first post on physics forums - Hi everybody!
Welcome!

PeterDonis said:
In the traversable wormhole solution described in the Wikipedia article you reference, the one published by Kip Thorne and others, no, the distance through the wormhole would not change.
Are there any solutions where the inside distance can change if the mouths are moved?

Earthworm69 said:
Are there any solutions where the inside distance can change if the mouths are moved?
Not that I'm aware of, but I am not up to date on all of the wormhole literature.