Would someone mind checking my proof? Intro Real Analysis

In summary, asking someone to check your proof in Real Analysis can help identify errors and improve your understanding of the subject. When presenting your proof for review, clearly state your assumptions, definitions, and theorems used in a logical and organized manner. If someone finds an error, use their feedback to correct and strengthen your understanding. It is acceptable to ask multiple people for feedback, as it can provide different perspectives. To improve proof-writing skills, practice regularly, seek feedback, and analyze well-written proofs in textbooks or academic papers.
CaptainAmerica17
Homework Statement
Show that if f: A -> B and E, F are subsets of A, then f(E U F)=f(E) U f(E).
Relevant Equations
Basic proof stuff.
Here is my solution. I used mathjax to type it up in Overleaf. I feel like it makes sense, but I also have a feeling I might have "jumped the gun" with my logic. If it is correct, I would appreciate feedback on how to improve it. Thanks!
Question 14 proof.PNG

Physics news on Phys.org
Looks good. The probem is a bit easy for a superhero, I would have said!

• Haha
Likes JD_PM and member 587159
PeroK said:
Looks good. The probem is a bit easy for a superhero, I would have said!
LOL! Thanks for checking XD

1. What is Real Analysis?

Real Analysis is a branch of mathematics that deals with the study of real numbers and their properties. It involves the analysis of functions, sequences, and series of real numbers.

2. Why is it important to have someone check my proof in Real Analysis?

Having someone check your proof in Real Analysis is important because it helps to ensure the accuracy and validity of your arguments. It also allows for constructive feedback and helps to identify any errors or gaps in your reasoning.

3. How can I find someone to check my proof in Real Analysis?

You can ask a fellow mathematician or a professor who is knowledgeable in Real Analysis to check your proof. You can also seek help from online forums or join a study group to get feedback on your work.

4. What should I include in my proof for it to be considered valid in Real Analysis?

In Real Analysis, a valid proof should include clear and logical reasoning, proper use of definitions, theorems, and mathematical notation, and a conclusion that follows from the given assumptions and previous statements.

5. How can I improve my proof-writing skills in Real Analysis?

To improve your proof-writing skills in Real Analysis, you can practice solving various problems and proofs, read and analyze proofs written by experts in the field, and seek feedback and guidance from experienced mathematicians.