Writing the Equations of motion

In summary, the conversation is about a user who has attached a problem and a photo of their working, but their answer is incorrect. They are asking for help in finding where they went wrong. However, the other person is unable to read the attachments and requests for better quality images or a Windows snapshot. They also advise the user to type out their work using math symbols and LaTeX for clarity. The thread is then closed and the user is asked to try again with improved attachments or to send a private message for further assistance.
Motorbiker
Homework Statement
Equations of motion
Relevant Equations
Please see the attached file.
I have attached the problem and I have also taken a photo of my working for it, it seems my answer is wrong.

I would be grateful if you could please check where I have gone wrong.

Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• Question 1.png
    Question 1.png
    20.6 KB · Views: 251
  • Question 1 working out.jpg
    Question 1 working out.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 247
Physics news on Phys.org
Sorry, your Upload of the problem statement will not zoom in, and is too small to be readable. Your cellphone picture of your work is dark and unreadable. I really would like to help you on this, especially since you are trying to show your work, but you need to make a better effort to make your post readable.

This thread is closed. Please try again. If you used the Upload link to attach a PDF or JPEG copy of the problem statement, please try to Upload a larger version with better resolution. If that doesn't work, please take a Windows snapshot of the image and drag/drop into your new thread start. And please type your work into the forum Edit window, using the math symbols there and LaTeX where needed. There is a LaTeX tutorial at the top of the page under INFO/Help.

Thank you. Send me a PM if you have trouble with any of that, and I'll try to help you put together your re-post of this thread. Just click on my avatar to start a conversation.

1. What are the three equations of motion?

The three equations of motion are:

1. Velocity equation: v = u + at, where v is final velocity, u is initial velocity, a is acceleration, and t is time.

2. Displacement equation: s = ut + 1/2at^2, where s is displacement, u is initial velocity, a is acceleration, and t is time.

3. Acceleration equation: v^2 = u^2 + 2as, where v is final velocity, u is initial velocity, a is acceleration, and s is displacement.

2. How do you determine the direction of motion in the equations?

The direction of motion is determined by the sign of the values in the equations. A positive value indicates motion in the positive direction, while a negative value indicates motion in the negative direction.

3. What is the difference between average and instantaneous velocity?

Average velocity is the total displacement divided by the total time taken, while instantaneous velocity is the velocity at a specific moment in time. Average velocity is represented by v, while instantaneous velocity is represented by v(t).

4. How do you use the equations of motion to solve problems?

To solve problems using the equations of motion, you need to identify the known and unknown variables, and then choose the appropriate equation to solve for the unknown variable. Plug in the known values and solve for the unknown variable.

5. Can the equations of motion be used for any type of motion?

The equations of motion can be used for motion in a straight line with constant acceleration. This includes motion in a horizontal direction, vertical direction, or at an angle. However, they cannot be used for motion with changing acceleration, such as circular motion.