Thread Killer Champions: Franzbear & Moonbear

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary, Franzbear is the most prolific thread killer in the forum. He has killed at least 12 threads and is likely responsible for 21 more. His ability to kill threads is not a direct outcome of the evidence (number of last posts). You have to at least factor in the total number of posts by each person (posts in GD) to get a more accurate representation of the killer instinct. Franz and Moonie have so many posts here, they are more likely to be the winning killers. You have to divide the number of kills by the total number of posts during the same period to get a corrected distribution.
  • #3,326
Yes there can be only one. I meant "them" as in the one :smile:

How should we test this? Russian roulette?

*pulls out revolver and a bullet*

Franz, you are up :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #3,327
Moonbear said:
There can be only ONE! :biggrin:
Adrian Paul...The Highlander. <swoon> :!) :!) :!)

Her never loses, you know. :approve:

(hugs her deluxe set of Highlander DVD's)

• #3,328
Moonbear said:
It's not like we need any more competition around here. Every time someone drops out of the running, it seems someone new shows up to take up the torch and continue on.

Oh, just to fill you in, we've already tried fire, explosions, electrocution, hunting accidents, lethal injection, gunshot wounds, drowning, and sexually transmitted diseases (franzbear was hanging around those sailors a little too long way back in the beginning of the thread). Oh, and those cookies have a secret ingredient out of a box with a nice pirate skull and crossbones. Oh, and we even tried boring the thread to death, that didn't work either. But back around post 2000 or so, the thread was declared immortal. Only another immortal can kill it apparently.

we also tried bad jokes and that didnt seem to work :devil:

• #3,329
johnny has a gambleing problem, and he just can't lose for some reason. Now he's only 16 and his father and teacher both see this as a problem. They want him to stop before he loses big and gets himself into trouble. He had just recently won $500.

His teacher saw this and though, maybe if he didnt have money he won't gamble anymore. So after school she takes him to her office.

"Johnny, if you give me your 500 dollars ill make sure your school record is clean and you can never get into trouble in this school district again...what do you think of that?"

*johhny thought for a minute and smiled* NO deal, but i bet you my $500 that your pubes arent the same color as the hair on your head

*she smiled knowing she dyes her hair and nodded* its a bet

she takes off her skirt then her panties showing him that her pubic hair is black and points to her hair on her head which is blond, johnny admits defeat and gives her the $500 and walks home in shame. Later that day she calls his father

"i think i rid him of his problem, he won't be gambleing anymore"

His father responds

"No you stupid %@#$, i bet him $1000 that he could never get you to take your panties off for him"

• #3,330
This has nothing to do with anything.

Being in technical sales, this is how all of my days go. Anyone that has to work with clients or a design team will appreciate this. (I had to leave two pictures out due to file size)

Attachments

• project.doc
    92.5 KB · Views: 204
  • #3,331
Evo said:
Anyone that has to work with clients or a design team will appreciate this.
I've never been in that situation, so it's probably funnier to me than to you. :approve:

• #3,332
cronxeh said:
..."No you stupid %@#$, i bet him $1000 that he could never get you to take your panties off for him"
cronxeh, I can't believe you're talking like that!

No - The tribdog thread cannot be allowed to die - it is a legacy I tell you!

• #3,333
Everyone must be busy tonight. Is there some other superthread in the making that I have not discovered yet?
Oh! is tonight the party at the Tiki bar in the philosophy section?
maybe I'll crash

• #3,334
Huckleberry said:
Philosophy section?:eek:
Oh well, I suppose that's the most appropriate place for a bar... :rolleyes:

• #3,335
Danger said:
Philosophy section?
Oh well, I suppose that's the most appropriate place for a bar...
Why not, right? Nothing better than a few hand grenades while trying to figure out the meaning of life and stuff.
Danger said:
Full flaps, dammit! That's a tennis court!
I'm still trying to wrap my mind around this one. Why are they landing on a tennis court?

• #3,336
Huckleberry said:
I'm still trying to wrap my mind around this one. Why are they landing on a tennis court?
As I said when I found out that I could use a signature, this is just a phrase that popped into my head a couple of weeks ago. I have no idea where it came from, unless possibly a flash-back of sorts to the time I parked a 152 in some guy's back yard. :biggrin:

• #3,337
Danger said:
As I said when I found out that I could use a signature, this is just a phrase that popped into my head a couple of weeks ago. I have no idea where it came from, unless possibly a flash-back of sorts to the time I parked a 152 in some guy's back yard. :biggrin:

Sounds like the next Danger comic to me.

• #3,338
Huckleberry said:
Everyone must be busy tonight. Is there some other superthread in the making that I have not discovered yet?
maybe I'll crash
I stopped in philosophy during happy hour, and no one was there--well except that one obnoxious guy. There's an official PF Lounge somewhere. :-p Last I heard people were trying decide on a name for it.

• #3,339
SOS2008 said:
I stopped in philosophy during happy hour, and no one was there--well except that one obnoxious guy.
Sorry. I always get like that after 5 or 6 hurricanes
SOS2008 said:
There's an official PF Lounge somewhere. :-p Last I heard people were trying decide on a name for it.
Is it like the back room at a speakeasy? You keep all the good stuff there?

• #3,340
SOS2008 said:
I stopped in philosophy during happy hour, and no one was there--well except that one obnoxious guy. There's an official PF Lounge somewhere. :-p Last I heard people were trying decide on a name for it.
are you sure you were in philosophy section? Last time I was there after work they only had how-can-anyone-be-happy hour. It was depressing. I had a double sarte-tini and a camus-politan and stumbled out feeling worse about my situation than when I went in.
You really have to go there late after the philosophers have all passed out. Then it gets cookin'! :smile:

• #3,341
Huckleberry said:
Is it like the back room at a speakeasy? You keep all the good stuff there?
It's actually more like the laundry room at a pizzaria. :biggrin:

• #3,342
Math Is Hard said:
are you sure you were in philosophy section? Last time I was there after work they only had how-can-anyone-be-happy hour.
:smile: Ok, this time I almost choked on my sammich. :smile:

I need to learn not to have anything in my mouth when I read. :biggrin:

• #3,343
Math Is Hard said:
are you sure you were in philosophy section? Last time I was there after work they only had how-can-anyone-be-happy hour. It was depressing. I had a double sarte-tini and a camus-politan and stumbled out feeling worse about my situation than when I went in.
You really have to go there late after the philosophers have all passed out. Then it gets cookin'! :smile:
Is it late enough now? Because I'm getting sun burned going between the forums, and I'm very thirsty.

• #3,344
Evo said:
I need to learn not to have anything in my mouth when I read. :biggrin:
Well, there goes about another 20% of the Kama Sutra... :frown:

• #3,345
Math Is Hard said:

Are you sure it wasn't all a social experiment? Did you check those philosophers to make sure they were really passed out? The ones I've met can just eat a bunch of barley, rye and yeast and distill it all in their stomachs. Its a neat trick, but the gas is horrible.

Danger said:
It's actually more like the laundry room at a pizzaria.
Oooh, two of my favorite things, laundry detergent and pizza. When I wipe my mouth on my cape I can clean it on the spot.

• #3,346
Huckleberry said:
Oooh, two of my favorite things, laundry detergent and pizza. When I wipe my mouth on my cape I can clean it on the spot.
And it almost hides the taste of anchovies...

• #3,347
Does anyone like anchovies on their pizza, or was that made just as a joke?
I think it maybe happened once to some poor Greek fisherman who had nothing else to put on his pizza. And when his family saw what he did to their pizza they left and never returned. So the bitter man opened a pizza shop and sold pizza with only anchovies. To this day we still suffer his foul tasting curse. :bugeye:
There is also the little known rumor of the Italian pizza maker, baker. He made a sign saying 'FRESH PIZZA' and hung it out the window to attract hungry customers. Turns out he never learned how to read or write and the sign actually said 'FISH PIZZA'. The rest, as they say, is history.

Ok, that was lame. goodnight y'all... :zzz:

Last edited:
  • #3,348
Huckleberry said:
I think it maybe happened once to some poor Greek fisherman who had nothing else to put on his pizza. And when his family saw what he did to their pizza they left and never returned. So the bitter man opened a pizza shop and sold pizza with only anchovies. To this day we still suffer his foul tasting curse. :bugeye:
There is also the little known rumor of the Italian pizza maker, baker. He made a sign saying 'FRESH PIZZA' and hung it out the window to attract hungry customers. Turns out he never learned how to read or write and the sign actually said 'FISH PIZZA'. The rest, as they say, is history.

Ah...what a...um, different nighty-night story that was. I thought the Families vetoed anchovies? I'm pretty sure anchovies are not included in the PF free fish menu.

• #3,349
Huckleberry said:
I actually had a pizza with anchovies on it.

Oooh, fish pizza! We could start giving that out instead of plain fish as an incentive for new memebrs to join. I remember one of the greatest episodes of Space Ghost had sun bloated orange roughy pizza. :approve:

That was the episode where my avatar ate his nephew Raymond. :-p

• #3,350
Evo said:
I remember one of the greatest episodes of Space Ghost had sun bloated orange roughy pizza.
There's a show that I'd totally forgotten about. I used to watch the original. A while later they released a new version with a stupid monkey in it. It sucked.

• #3,351
Danger said:
There's a show that I'd totally forgotten about. I used to watch the original. A while later they released a new version with a stupid monkey in it. It sucked.
This was an episode of "Space Ghost Coast to Coast", his talk show. The guest was Michael Stipe of REM.

• #3,352
Evo said:
This was an episode of "Space Ghost Coast to Coast", his talk show. The guest was Michael Stipe of REM.
This must have been at the beginning of your second childhood. Neither it nor REM existed when I was still watching cartoons. :-p

• #3,353
Danger said:
This must have been at the beginning of your second childhood. Neither it nor REM existed when I was still watching cartoons. :-p
Yes, this was a newer for adults Space ghost talk show. It was very funny, but not for kids.

• #3,354
Huckleberry said:

Anchovies are nasty things!

• #3,355
Franzbear...are you there? Shhhh...come along with me while no one is looking. I must find a safe place for you. No, not in philosophy...it could be suicidal. Maybe under Danger's dining table--no one will find you there!

• #3,356
Evo said:
Yes, this was a newer for adults Space ghost talk show. It was very funny, but not for kids.
It's got to be better than most of the stuff on TV these days.

SOS2008 said:
Maybe under Danger's dining table--no one will find you there!
Lucy isn't even a member, and you're going to let her kill him? I suppose that's one way to end the competition. :rolleyes:

• #3,357
Danger said:
Lucy isn't even a member, and you're going to let her kill him? I suppose that's one way to end the competition. :rolleyes:
Lucy, the great thread killer? No, I think she is hunting mice...but wait, I don't recall Franzbear's photo in the "Cloning Gone Wrong" thread. Just what is this thing!

• #3,358
SOS2008 said:
Lucy, the great thread killer? No, I think she is hunting mice...
No, Moonbear is hunting mice. Lucy hunts drinking straws, twist ties, pens and especially threads!

• #3,359
Danger said:
No, Moonbear is hunting mice. Lucy hunts drinking straws, twist ties, pens and especially threads!

LOL! One of my friends has a cat that hunts rubber bands. He's an outdoor cat and runs around collecting rubber bands and leaves them all on the doorstep. At her house, you never have to look very hard if you need a rubber band, just open the front door! :smile: If someone could guarantee that's all it would hunt, I'd get a cat, but I don't want baby birds and half-eaten mice instead.

• #3,360
SOS2008 said:
Well, I liked the name Gokul gave to it: The Suggestion Box.
I'm still trying to decide if it's a schmoozy, yuppy type martini bar, or a seedy strip club, but I like the name either way. :biggrin:

Back