Spore is Here! Check Out the Creature Creator Demo

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary, Spore has arrived with its Creature Creator Demo, allowing users to design and customize their own unique creatures. The demo features a variety of tools and options for players to experiment with, creating diverse and imaginative creatures. This highly anticipated game has already garnered excitement and praise for its innovative gameplay and creative potential.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Spore is coming!

Oh YAY! I've been waiting 3 years for more on this game.

Anyone interested in playing with the creature creator demo, or learning about the game if you aren't familiar with it can go here. I wonder how much it's changed since the 2005 video demonstration of it?

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/spore/spore-developer-videos/1218608

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/spore/spore-launch-central/1217493

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
With my awesome game skills, I probably won't make it out of the water and onto land, but it will be fun trying.

ohhh ahhhh it looks like fun!

Damn, and I was hoping I would get rid of my video games addiction in the near future.

Amazing idea, funnily i never heard of this game and I'm a heavy gamer. Looking forward to see your creatures Evo.

Wow, I remember when that was first announced, back when I used to play a bunch of games. I had assumed by this time that it must have either been canceled or that it hit the market and didn't do well, since I hadn't heard much about it recently. But after all of this development time, it must be amazing!

Alienjoey said:
Wow, I remember when that was first announced, back when I used to play a bunch of games. I had assumed by this time that it must have either been canceled or that it hit the market and didn't do well, since I hadn't heard much about it recently. But after all of this development time, it must be amazing!

From what I can tell it has changed a bit over the years. The demo videos I've look more complex than it used to be and and graphics a richer. At least it's finally coming out and not yet another 'Duke Nukem Forever' victim.

I saw the title and I thought that it was about to be an invasion of tree spores :rolleyes:

Greg Bernhardt said:
I'm downloading the creature creator right now!

Ooh, there's a Mac version! Now I'm really interested. :biggrin: I think I need a creature creator too. Since Evo first talked about it, it has looked like the one game that might interest me in trying out games. It just looks fun (and like Evo, I'll probably spend a lot of time as primordial ooze trying to get out of the water).

I'm really anticipating the game. Apparently other people's creations will get downloaded onto your computer and have their own little worlds you can visit or conquer or destroy or whatever.

The down side to that? All of the penis monsters.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=spore+penis&search_type=&aq=f

I'm hoping there will be censoring of that stuff, though. The game looks fantastic otherwise. But should we be playing an Intelligent Design simulator? =/

WarPhalange said:
I'm really anticipating the game. Apparently other people's creations will get downloaded onto your computer and have their own little worlds you can visit or conquer or destroy or whatever.

I'm hoping there will be censoring of that stuff, though. The game looks fantastic otherwise. But should we be playing an Intelligent Design simulator? =/
Hopefully they will put the kabosh on that, OY.

On a similar note, if you like first person shooter's, check out Nexuiz, its FREE on downloads.com, and its pretty good for a FREE game. Really easy to use multiplayer, and it runs on Linux, Windows, and Mac.

Don't hijack the thread please.

I'm getting the Mac version of the creature creator downloaded now. :biggrin:

Now, what's the problem with monster penises being sent to us? :uhh:

WarPhalange said:

Guaranteed they will have a team of people checking the uploads before they become downloads.

Moonbear said:
I'm getting the Mac version of the creature creator downloaded now. :biggrin:

Now, what's the problem with monster penises being sent to us? :uhh:

The Youtube link I posted? It's just the results of a Youtube search for "spore penis". 417 results.

Strilanc said:
Guaranteed they will have a team of people checking the uploads before they become downloads.

Yeah, but for how long? There's going to be so many people sending in their creations (most of which will likely be kids with goofy ones) that I don't think you'll be able to check them all.

I remember seeing this recently. It looks rather interesting though these sorts of games tend to bore me after a while. I'll probably check it out though.

Evo said:
Don't hijack the thread please.

Fine, fine sorry. Damn.

binzing said:
Fine, fine sorry. Damn.
fish2.gif

Do you think it'll be mere child's play or will it have some seriousness and thought into it? I simply don't want to waste my time -which is my specialty- making weird looking creatures and that's it...I want to truly get the 'serious' and 'thought-provoking' experience of creating new species and try to make it survive and dominate.

Then I think a $60 video game is right up your alley. :rolleyes:

We need a 'whew' smilie.
When I saw the title of this thread, and who posted it, my first thought was that the Spawn was pregnant.

Danger said:
We need a 'whew' smilie.
When I saw the title of this thread, and who posted it, my first thought was that the Spawn was pregnant.
Not while I'm alive!

Greg Bernhardt said:
I'm downloading the creature creator right now!

I'll have to check this out. I really don't like a lot of games on my computer (that's what the playstation is for), but occasionally I make exceptions (I always liked Sim City). Can you make a Spore of Spawn of Evo creature?

http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comics/20080627.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

I never play video games. And I literally mean never... but that looks waaaay too damn cool to not cough up those 50 bucks.

I all ways get killed or loose before i can understand the game, i will stick to mahjong patience.

People who don't play games but will cough up the dough for this one: Make sure your PC can support it. Nothing sucks more than buying a video game and finding out you can't play it.

Wolram: You need patience. And a game manual. ;)

looks like a nice game should help me waste as much time as possible this summer

Not coming out until Sept. :(

I think however (as a joke) that Spore just proved Intelligent design wrong. I mean where are all the penis monsters?

The more massive is the hype before the release, the bigger is the disappointment with the game :rolleyes: