Late for School? Tips on Making it On Time

• Thread starter Theelectricchild
  • Start date
  • Tags
    School
In summary, the conversation is discussing the problem of multiple people having the same username and how it can cause confusion when seeking help. It also includes a math problem about a boy arriving at school late due to looking at a clock in a mirror, with different solutions being proposed.
Theelectricchild
Incorrect question sorry

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
7:55

ten characters

Should I wait for more people to post solutions next time? I am new to this I don't know!

what's the question ?

You know, and have to understand that there are not only TheElectricChild , there are also TheElectricChild1,TheElectricChild2, TheElectricChild3 etc who are looking for help out there, how can people recognize you and your questions right at once ?

Boy goes to school looks at clock in mirror without realizing it, arrives at school 20 minutes later and finds that it's an 2hrs 30 mins later than the time he saw in the mirror. What time did he arrive at school?

1:55 is another possible solution.

There are people with the same name as mine? Interesting...

jcsd said:
Boy goes to school looks at clock in mirror without realizing it, arrives at school 20 minutes later and finds that it's an 2hrs 30 mins later than the time he saw in the mirror. What time did he arrive at school?

I solved this but my answer doesn't match. I used:

Now - Mirror' = 1/3
Now - Mirror = 2.5
Mirror + Mirror' = 12 or Mirror + Mirror' = 24

I solve to get 7:25 or 1:25. The answer posted is 7:55 or 1:55. Did I miss something or is my answer correct?

Last edited:
yup that's right

1. How can I ensure that I am not late for school?

To ensure that you are not late for school, it is important to plan ahead and give yourself enough time in the morning. Set your alarm for an appropriate time and make sure to leave enough time for tasks such as getting dressed and eating breakfast. It may also be helpful to lay out your clothes and pack your backpack the night before.

2. What are some tips for getting ready faster in the morning?

Some tips for getting ready faster in the morning include setting multiple alarms, preparing your lunch and backpack the night before, and choosing your outfit ahead of time. You can also try setting a timer for each task to help you stay on track and avoid getting distracted.

3. How can I reduce the likelihood of being late due to unexpected events?

To reduce the likelihood of being late due to unexpected events, it may be helpful to plan for potential delays or obstacles. For example, check the weather and plan accordingly, leave earlier to account for traffic or public transportation delays, and have a backup plan in case your usual route is blocked.

4. What should I do if I am running late despite my best efforts?

If you are running late despite your best efforts, the first thing to do is to stay calm and try not to panic. Focus on getting ready as quickly as possible and prioritize tasks such as getting dressed and eating breakfast. You can also consider asking a family member or friend for help or asking your teacher for an extension if you are unable to make it on time.

5. How can I make being on time for school a habit?

Making being on time for school a habit takes consistent effort and practice. A few tips for developing this habit include setting reminders, rewarding yourself for being on time, and making a conscious effort to prioritize punctuality in all areas of your life. It may also be helpful to reflect on the benefits of being on time, such as avoiding stress and starting your day off on a positive note.