If (f o g)= 16x + 7 and g(x)= 2x - 1 , find f(x)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Andolph23
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 19K views
Andolph23
Messages
4
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



If (f o g)= 16x + 7 and g(x)= 2x - 1 , find f(x)


The Attempt at a Solution



I haven't done a problem like this in awhile so I don't remember exactly what to do. I think you plug g(x) into (f o g) to get 32x - 9 but I'm not sure if that's correct.

Homework Statement

 
Physics news on Phys.org
Andolph23 said:

Homework Statement



If (f o g)= 16x + 7 and g(x)= 2x - 1 , find f(x)


The Attempt at a Solution



I haven't done a problem like this in awhile so I don't remember exactly what to do. I think you plug g(x) into (f o g) to get 32x - 9 but I'm not sure if that's correct.

Homework Statement


If this is correct, you should try f(g(x)) and see if you get what it was originally

P.S. Notice your trying to get f(x)
 
Suppose that f(x) = Ax + B, a linear function. Given that, and that g(x) = 2x - 1, what is (f o g)(x)?
(Ignore for a moment that (f o g)(x) was already given.)

P.S. This should really be in the Precalculus subforum.
 
SammyS said:
What is (f○g○g-1)(x) ?

Wow, your good:wink: Didn't even think of that.