AZ mother's goal to be fattest person ever

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary: I think she needs to file a lawsuit against the local department of social services for the harm they are doing to her by not doing...something.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Obese model Susanne Eman is saying 'Supersize Me' for real - in her bid to become the fattest woman ever.

The 52-stone bombshell aims to reach a whopping 115 stone, or 1,600lb, by guzzling at least 20,000 calories a day.

Susanne, 32, from Arizona, USA, hopes to pass the half-way milestone of 57 stones by the end of the year.
First, why can't the British use real measures?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-52st-mother-2-supersizing.html#ixzz1W4FX7Eg8

This is just...I don't know what to say.

Physics news on Phys.org
I admire her commitment to her goal!

This woman is a true testament to the wonders any individual can accomplish. If only more people had her initiative.

206PiruBlood said:
This woman is a true testament to the wonders any individual can accomplish. If only more people had her initiative.
And it has made her feel sexier.

I hope this doesn't start to pose a health concern.

What's really bad is that American tax payers are paying her bills, including her food.

The unemployed mother - who cannot work because of her weight

Man! That's just disgusting. I know an in-home care giver who until recently was tending to a morbidly obese woman (500+ lbs). That woman is incapable of tending to her own personal hygiene. I sure wouldn't want that job!

Reminds me of Homer Simpson wanting to gain several hundred pounds so that he could be considered disabled and work from home.

Evo said:
What's really bad is that American tax payers are paying her bills, including her food.

I think someone should call for a referendum to cut her off. 20,000 calories a day could easily feed ten non-idiotic people who need it more.

On the plus side, this makes for a great calculus problem.

Given her starting age, how soon would she have to die in order to consume fewer calories on her current diet of 21,000 cal/day than if she had lived to the median age for women in the U.S. while consuming 2,000 cal/day?

I performed a quick hand calculation.

2011-08-25_15-42-54_168.jpg

Basically, as long as she dies before she's about 36 and a half years old, this is a net gain for society. She's 32 right now, and eating 21,000 calories each day. I think that's a reasonable goal for her, right?

BTW, her sister is my age, and damned good looking. How can I get in touch with her...

EDIT: OMG... ignore those "t" variables that are thrown in there. I'm so embarrassed. Her calorie consumption per year is a constant, not a linear function. The math is fine, I just had a "t dt" where it should only be a "dt."

Last edited:
I think I'm going to puke. This sounds psychotic, she needs to be arrested and imprisoned in a near by mcdonalds.

Pengwuino said:
I think I'm going to puke. This sounds psychotic, she needs to be arrested and imprisoned in a near by mcdonalds.
But she's single...

I don't want her. You can have her.

Jimmy Snyder said:
I don't want her. You can have her.
LOL, I know that song.

The British do use proper weights and measures; unfortunately you quoted the Daily Mail...

brewnog said:
The British do use proper weights and measures; unfortunately you quoted the Daily Mail...
How many stones in a furlong? Just askin'

You know...the picture of her on the scooter in the grocery store reminds me of when I went to Wal-Mart a couple of weeks ago and saw a morbidly obese man in one of them. He stopped beside me, passed gas :-c~ with the most disgusting sound, looked at me and laughed, and then started rolling away again. I think some people have a problem and need help and some people are just really nasty.

Evo said:
And it has made her feel sexier.

I just viewed your link and YIKERS; that woman already has a body mass the size of Jaba the Hut! How could she possibly feel sexier?

The problem won't last long. Obesity kills.

This is not the first similar case, I recall reading about other woman, her husband was helping her to get more fat.

I am with Peng on that one.

Let me get this right she is unemployed and gets social security disability ($2000 per month) because of her weight. I am unemployed and normal weight so I get nothing ($0 per month) from the government.

edpell said:
Let me get this right she is unemployed and gets social security disability because of her weight. I am unemployed and normal weight so I get nothing from the government.
Yeah, that sounds right. And she is this weight by choice, not because of some rare uncontrolable medical disorder.

Evo said:
some rare uncontrolable medical disorder.

That's questionable. What she does sounds like disorder to me.

If a person is a danger to themselves they are to be confined in a mental hospital and treated until cured. Why is society aiding and abetting this person committing suicide? I think she needs to file a lawsuit against the local department of social services for the harm they are doing to her by not doing their jobs and confining her to a hospital. ;-/

Borek said:
That's questionable. What she does sounds like disorder to me.
Not according to her doctor. Look at sumo wrestlers.

Evo said:
Sumo wrestlers are very large, but they are generally fit. This woman has folds and folds of fat draped all over her, and not enough muscle-mass to successfully navigate a supermarket. Bad.

Evo said:

The heaviest one I know of, Akebono, got up to 520 lbs, she is well past this number. Besides, sumo wrestlers - while heavy - are engaged in a very demanding training program so that they are strong and agile. Mass helps them, but only to some extent.

And while she may look sane to her doctor, what she does has nothing to do with the sanity. IMHO at least. You know I have nothing against a bread with a lard, but sex with a lard... sorry, I am going to puke.

just fyi, there is a website where fatties and their admirers "feed" off each other. wouldn't surprise me a bit if this bit of dysfunction started there.

http://fantasyfeeder.com/

There's fame and attention concomitant with going to any extreme. I suspect this woman is terrified of being ignored, but is a little too plain, and her personality too dull, to stand out as a normal sized person. Some people prefer negative attention to no attention. Being the fattest person probably beats trying to get into the history books by killing a public figure.

Insanity said:
Reminds me of Homer Simpson wanting to gain several hundred pounds so that he could be considered disabled and work from home.

The unemployed mother - who cannot work because of her weight - claims she stays active by doing simple exercises and having regular health checks.

Heeeyy.. good plan!

I think this is a good demonstration of how Darwinian evolution is now being disasterously distorted for modern humans. The question is; how long can a species survive whilst it maintains, at any cost, its members who are allowed to, and do, choose to become the weakest and least productive ones. It may be a 'political' statement, but I think we are already seeing its impact, economy-wide.

As if echoing my comments, this news item just appeared;

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/obesity-surge-britain-could-cost-2bn-065852547.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Evo said:
First, why can't the British use real measures?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-52st-mother-2-supersizing.html#ixzz1W4FX7Eg8

This is just...I don't know what to say.

Real measures? Perhaps we should measure her in "cups" :tongue2: On another note I'm not sure what to think about this case. She's being stupid with her health but she knows that. She actually wants to be super obese which is...bizzare to say the least.

turbo said:
How many stones in a furlong? Just askin'

This is a hard question to answer when is a stone a stone and not a pebble, a local farmer did a study he used a pebble to mean a rounded object of 2 inches or less not to be a stone,
he divided an area by sq rods and found an average of 12 stones per sq rod.

The 52-stone bombshell aims to reach a whopping 115 stone, or 1,600lb, by guzzling at least 20,000 calories a day.

A new meaning to the word "bombshell."

i.e., not the "Thin Boy."

If she surpasses the 1600# record, then what? Even if she starts losing weight, she's going to look like a mutant sharpei (with an entry in the Guiness World Book of Records). Guiness should stop publishing records regarding self-destructive behaviors, but then they do this to sell books, so sanity is not a real option.

It's a tough one for Guiness, they record world records and at the end of the day there are plenty of people out there who are going to do stupid things. Either way she's going to try to be the fattest woman ever, even if Guiness didn't record that it would be recorded elsewhere. So Guiness have lost something, and not gained anything.

turbo said:
If she surpasses the 1600# record, then what?

Try to get her own zip code?

ryan_m_b said:
It's a tough one for Guiness, they record world records and at the end of the day there are plenty of people out there who are going to do stupid things. Either way she's going to try to be the fattest woman ever, even if Guiness didn't record that it would be recorded elsewhere. So Guiness have lost something, and not gained anything.

If it's not Guiness, it'll be someone else. Never underestimate the tenacity of a fool.

Back