Welcome to Forums! Meet Patty, PhD Geneticist & Liberal Democrat

• Thread starter pattylou
  • Start date
In summary: Welcome Patty! Your postscript signature means "In summary, I am a PhD geneticist, American (liberal democrat), ...ummmm... home with small kids for a few years, too much time on my hands so I websurf for a couple hours each day."
ah damnit. Is it one of those doctoral gowns with hoods that only the PhDs get around here on PF :devil:

well I got my blue cap and gown from high school days, until proven otherwise :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
Ivan Seeking said:
Also, Patty, the PF clothing department just contacted me. They need to know what size habbit you require. And do you prefer clean or dirty habbits?

LOL.

Well, normally around the house I wear something like this:

http://www.gothshop.com/img/inventory/8/800033_sm.jpg

But I'm sure whatever you have lying around will be just fine.

(Oh, I'm going to regret this.)

Last edited by a moderator:
pattylou said:
LOL.

Hey, you must go to the same shop as MIH for your habbits. :approve: I prefer the traditional cotton this time of year; that pleather gets really sticky in the summer heat. :yuck: :rofl:

pattylou said:
LOL.

Where were the sisters like you during all those years spent at the Catholic school? :cry: :cry: :cry:

pattylou said:

Yep.

Okay, here's a three month supply.
http://www.eway.com/catalog/1/sp02_113859_oe.jpg

You're very naughty, Ivan. Are you sure you're an administrator?

pattylou said:
You're very naughty, Ivan. Are you sure you're an administrator?

No, I'm a mentor. But you started it!

Besides, I'm a happily married man. So I'm cute, not naughty. :biggrin:

Ivan Seeking said:
No, I'm a mentor. But you started it!

Besides, I'm a happily married man. So I'm cute, not naughty. :biggrin:
True, Ivan is happily married to my identical PF twin sister Tsu who has been too busy lately to post much.

Love your habit by the way, too bad you missed when the "sisters" all became nuns (with guns), you would have fit right in. :tongue:

Ivan Seeking said:
No, I'm a mentor.

Sorry, still working on the distinction!

Ivan Seeking said:
But you started it!

Touche'. :smile:

pattylou said:
Touche'. :smile:

We have fun, but some people can get carried away. :rolleyes:

Evo said:
True, Ivan is happily married to my identical PF twin sister Tsu who has been too busy lately to post much.

Love your habit by the way, too bad you missed when the "sisters" all became nuns (with guns), you would have fit right in. :tongue:

You guys are weird. :smile: Weird's good. I thought I came here for intelligent conversation, though. :confused:

Hey Evo, how old are your kids? Ours are 8 and 5.

pattylou said:
I thought I came here for intelligent conversation, though. :confused:

You won't find much of that in GD, except that posted by myself, Danger, or yomamma.

Wait a minute...!

pattylou said:
You guys are weird. :smile: Weird's good. I thought I came here for intelligent conversation, though. :confused:
Intelligent conversation occasionally filters down here, but this is our playground.

If you have time and enjoy humor, check out the General Discussion Classics thread. We have some very funny and clever members.

Hey Evo, how old are your kids? Ours are 8 and 5.
They're 17 and 20. Both girls. I took seven years off from work to raise them, it was the best time of my life, you won't regret it.

Sometimes I enjoy drinking lemon juice. From time to time I just have to have intense citrus. Vitamin tablets, V-8, and fortified cereal cannot substitute.

Evo said:
They're 17 and 20. Both girls. I took seven years off from work to raise them, it was the best time of my life, you won't regret it.

Oh sure, now you tell me :grumpy:

are there any photographic evidence of this wonders of nature? :biggrin:

cronxeh said:
Oh sure, now you tell me :grumpy:

are there any photographic evidence of this wonders of nature? :biggrin:
My current avatar is my 17 year old and they have pictures in the member photo thread.

You've seen them!

Hi Evo-

Evo said:
Oh dear, depending on the country, I believe 39 would be the correct answer. :frown:

btw, the oddball shoe size 36... ain't UK. 39 would be right for American size 8, but I wanted an obscure country so I went with the Ukraine.

pattylou said:
btw, the oddball shoe size 36... ain't UK. 39 would be right for American size 8, but I wanted an obscure country so I went with the Ukraine.
And you're devious, you fit right in. :biggrin:

Evo said:
Actually Tom is one of the two "real" Supermentors, SelfAdjoint is the other.

Nereid too I think (a treasure).

Patty . . . I wasn't sure how to communicate this so I thought I'd try your own thread. I sent you a private message regarding reference materials you've expressed interest in. If you haven't adjusted your Preferences to notify you when someone PMs you, then you might never realize people are sending you messages. Anyway, check your messages! :smile:

Evo said:
My current avatar is my 17 year old and they have pictures in the member photo thread.

You've seen them!

Excuse me one second, while I pick cronxeh's jaw off the floor, and wipe up the traces, no wait, puddles of saliva which have accumulated around his feet...