Convert 1.95e7m - Get Answers Now

• Thread starter Bcisewski
  • Start date
In summary, "Can someone help?" asks for help with an application that identifies a radius of 1.95e7m. The 1.95e7m converts to 1.95x10^7 on a calculator and in scientific notation.
Bcisewski
Can someone help? It may seem elementary, but I have an application identifying a radius of 1.95e7m. What does the 1.95e7m convert to?

Physics news on Phys.org
exponential notation

Bcisewski said:
Can someone help? It may seem elementary, but I have an application identifying a radius of 1.95e7m. What does the 1.95e7m convert to?
1.95e7 means [itex]1.95 \times 10^7[/itex]. (And m = meters.)

1.95e7 is the same as 1.95x10^7?

Yes, they are the same.

hey guys but isn't "e" and "E" different. for example e1 = 2.718 and E1 = 10. if you want it to be the same as 1.95x10^7 then i suggest you use a capital E so as not to confuse.

cipher said:
hey guys but isn't "e" and "E" different. for example e1 = 2.718 and E1 = 10.
I've never seen it used that way. I've always seen 1.95e7 = 1.95E7 = [itex]1.95 \times 10^7[/itex]. In this context, I believe that e or E just stands for "exponent". (Personally, I always use E. :smile: )

Generally something in the form of [itex]A.BCeX[/itex], where X is an integer, is considered to be [itex]A.BC\times{10^{X}}[/itex], although this is not a definite rule. It is better to write it in the latter form to avoid confusion.

It's a calculator based tradition. Calculator's, especially your early LED's, weren't very good at displaying scientific notation the way you do on paper. It's displayed 1.95e7 or 1.95E7 on a spread sheet, as well, for the same reason.

cipher said:
hey guys but isn't "e" and "E" different. for example e1 = 2.718 and E1 = 10. if you want it to be the same as 1.95x10^7 then i suggest you use a capital E so as not to confuse.

As DocAl, Integral, Sirus, and BobG pointed out, whenever [itex] \text{e\ \or\ \E} [/itex] appear in this context (on a calculator or computer) it refers to a power of ten. It should not be confused with [itex] e [/itex], Euler's number, the irrational constant. Just thought I'd clarify that.

ok i understand what you guys are saying, i just made the point because on my calculator the two of them are two different e's. the exponent is "E" and the constant is "e".

1. How do I convert 1.95e7 meters?

To convert 1.95e7 meters to a different unit, you can use the conversion factor for meters and the desired unit. For example, to convert to kilometers, multiply 1.95e7 by 0.001. The result would be 19500 kilometers.

2. What is the significance of using scientific notation in the measurement?

Scientific notation is a way to write very large or very small numbers in a more compact form. It is commonly used in scientific measurements to simplify calculations and make the numbers easier to work with.

3. Can I convert 1.95e7 meters to feet?

Yes, you can convert 1.95e7 meters to feet by using the conversion factor of 1 meter = 3.28084 feet. Multiplying 1.95e7 by 3.28084 gives the result of 63976800 feet.

4. Why is it important to use the appropriate units when converting measurements?

Using the appropriate units when converting measurements is important because it ensures accuracy and consistency in calculations. Using the wrong units can lead to incorrect results and confusion.

5. Can I use an online conversion tool to convert 1.95e7 meters?

Yes, there are many online conversion tools available that can quickly and accurately convert 1.95e7 meters to a different unit. However, it is always important to double-check the results and make sure the correct units are being used.