1000 US Dollars in San Diego

• Thread starter Clausius2
  • Start date
Clausius2
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Gokul43201 said:
Add another $150 per month for every month you live here till you discover Ramen. :biggrin:
What's Ramen?

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Clausius2 said:
What's Ramen?
Cheap noodles with a "flavor" packet that's mostly salt and artificial flavoring. You boil the noodles for about 3 min and then add the contents of your flavor packet. There is also a version in a styrofoam cup, with noodles that are nearly indistinguishable in flavor from the styrofoam. For those, you just add water up to the line drawn on the cup, and stick it in the microwave for 2 min. If you stock up when they are on sale, you can get 5 for $1. Cheap grad student sustenance!

Clausius2
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Moonbear said:
Cheap noodles with a "flavor" packet that's mostly salt and artificial flavoring. You boil the noodles for about 3 min and then add the contents of your flavor packet. There is also a version in a styrofoam cup, with noodles that are nearly indistinguishable in flavor from the styrofoam. For those, you just add water up to the line drawn on the cup, and stick it in the microwave for 2 min. If you stock up when they are on sale, you can get 5 for $1. Cheap grad student sustenance!
It sounds good. I think I'm going to take noodles every night for supper. :rofl:

Clausius2 said:
It sounds good. I think I'm going to take noodles every night for supper. :rofl:
Taste, however, is an entirely different sensation. :tongue2: