1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Courses 3-2 engineering

1. Nov 6, 2016 #1
    I am currently a high school student with the SAT score of 1230/1600( i know it's really bad) due to which I can not get into any good university so should I apply for 3-2 engineering programs? I am also not sure which engineering to do so it will also give me time to think. So can you guys please suggest me some good colleges with 3-2 ( I am not a US citizen and can not afford more than 30k). I also read that 3-2 is a scam so is true? And should I go for BA in Physics or BS in physics?

thanks in advance for your attention and answer

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 6, 2016 #2
    Community college can be a viable alternative.

4. Nov 6, 2016 #3
    I never took the SAT, but I have a freind who re took it three times and got 1830, he studies computer science bachelors at purdue now. Can't you retake your sat if you want better colleges? :) my friend got bbb in a levels. (Maths chemistry and physics).

Dont know the difference between Ba and Bsc physics. Engineering vs physics? I would say it depends on what you want to do. I do not think universities in the US care that much if you retook your standardised tests, as long as you pay :P I have anothr friend in community college but I can confirm that the average CC's education in the US is not equivalent to a proper universities 2 year education, and many people on here have posted about this too. Even ccs could be a "scam" unless you choose wisely.

5. Nov 6, 2016 #4
    how are you academically?

6. Nov 25, 2016 #5
    not in at top but above average

7. Nov 26, 2016 #6
    I took the community college route and was able to transfer to a reputable university, and many of my friends did too; a lot of the courses during the first two years are almost the same anyways, which gave us a chance to change majors and adjust to our interests and goals.

I was looking into the 3-2 program offered at a school my friend was attending because we wanted to stick together... took me a lot to say that it wasn't what I wanted because it looked way too broad. I'm not sure if it's a bad program or not, but I feel like the school or program doesn't really matter a whole lot anyways compared to the student.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted