3 phse power calculation with out remove load

In summary, to find three phase power without turning off the machine, you can use a single phase clamp meter to measure voltage and current on each line. Then, use the equation sqrt(3)*V line*I line*cos$ to find the total power. To get more accurate results, it is recommended to use at least two meters and calculate the power as P_meter1 + P_meter2. For reactive power, the formula is sqrt(3)*{P_meter1 - P_meter2}. It is also helpful to research online for more information on finding three phase power.
jidesh

Homework Statement

sir am new technician my boss told me that to find 3 phase power without off the machine . i have single phase clamp meter can measure voltage and current . how to find total power.

Homework Equations

[tex]\sqrt{}3[/tex]* V line *I line * cos$

The Attempt at a Solution

find all the current and voltage on each line find average use equation

Physics news on Phys.org
I know that you need at least two meters to get 3 phase power.
you put P1 from a to b wires and P2 from b to c.

power is equal to P_meter1 + P_meter2
and Q is sqrt(3) {P_meter1-P_meter2} I think

You should google finding three phase power.

What is 3 phase power?

3 phase power is a type of electrical power supply that uses three alternating currents that are offset by 120 degrees from each other. It is commonly used in industrial and commercial settings because it is more efficient and can handle larger loads compared to single phase power.

Why is it important to calculate 3 phase power without removing the load?

Calculating 3 phase power without removing the load is important because it allows for accurate measurement of the power consumption of a system while it is still operational. This is crucial for troubleshooting, maintenance, and energy efficiency purposes.

How do you calculate 3 phase power without removing the load?

To calculate 3 phase power without removing the load, you will need to measure the voltage and current of each phase using a multimeter or other measuring device. Then, you can use the formula P = √3 x V x I x cos(θ) to calculate the total power consumption, where V is the voltage, I is the current, and θ is the phase angle.

Are there any risks associated with calculating 3 phase power without removing the load?

Yes, there are some risks involved in calculating 3 phase power without removing the load, especially if the proper safety precautions are not followed. It is important to ensure that all equipment is properly grounded and that the person performing the calculations is knowledgeable and trained in electrical safety procedures.

What are the benefits of calculating 3 phase power without removing the load?

There are several benefits to calculating 3 phase power without removing the load, including increased efficiency, cost savings, and the ability to accurately monitor and troubleshoot power consumption. It also allows for a more accurate representation of the actual power usage of a system, as it takes into account the real-time conditions and fluctuations of the load.