What are the Three Inevitable Realities of Life?

• Thread starter tgt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Life
In summary, death and taxes are widely agreed upon certainties in life, while the idea that hard work leads to continued substantial contributions in the long term is somewhat debatable. Some argue that there are exceptions, such as being born into wealth or stumbling upon success without hard work. Others believe that even in these cases, hard work plays a role in maintaining and building upon one's success. Ultimately, the concept of hard work and its relationship to continued contributions is a complex and ongoing discussion.
tgt said:
I hate poems but in any case, there is no need to rock any cradle to successfully raise a child.

i hope you realize it's symbolic language and not the physical act of rocking a cradle. geeze...

Physics news on Phys.org
Phrak said:
Wouldn't that make 4 things, with the rule itself included? Or would it be five since we have to say there is an additional rule. or is it? Then there's six things... I am so confused.

Please refer to post 28. I challenge anyone to come up with a counter example.

Proton Soup said:
i hope you realize it's symbolic language and not the physical act of rocking a cradle. geeze...

In that case, post 32 adequately explains it.

tgt said:
In that case, post 32 adequately explains it.

in that case, i would say: not if you work smart.

Proton Soup said:
in that case, i would say: not if you work smart.

Bringing up a child is a practical activity with a lot of trial and error so how can one work smart straight away? If they did work smart, it must mean they've gone through it before, in which case, they have had to work hard to bring up the previous child.

The general case is that with all practical activities, no one is born being skilled at it. Raising a successful child more so because success has different meanings in different cultures and time periods.

tgt said:
Bringing up a child is a practical activity with a lot of trial and error so how can one work smart straight away? If they did work smart, it must mean they've gone through it before, in which case, they have had to work hard to bring up the previous child.

The general case is that with all practical activities, no one is born being skilled at it. Raising a successful child more so because success has different meanings in different cultures and time periods.

this is very much the meaning of the poem, culture. it is a culture that you are instilling in the child. and it is that culture which gives her the tools to raise her own children successfully, without having to resort to starting from scratch. just maintaining that culture from one generation to the next is the most significant thing we do as human beings. without that, we stumble and fall behind.

Proton Soup said:
this is very much the meaning of the poem, culture. it is a culture that you are instilling in the child. and it is that culture which gives her the tools to raise her own children successfully, without having to resort to starting from scratch. just maintaining that culture from one generation to the next is the most significant thing we do as human beings. without that, we stumble and fall behind.

If you raise a child by letting most of today's culture do the work then may God have mercy on the child.

tgt said:
If you raise a child by letting most of today's culture do the work then may God have mercy on the child.

And anyone unfortunate enough to ever meet the little demon.

1. Birth
  2. Life
  3. Death

i think the 3 things certain in life are, 1) death 2) taxes 3) lies

P.S i highly doupt *birth* counts as one of the 3 things certain in life...