1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

3D Electric field vector calculation for two parallel plates

1. Oct 4, 2011 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

For two metal plates parallel to each other, when voltages was applied to them, there is an electric field in between. I measured the voltage at 12 points (known x,y,z) between them. these 12 points formed a rectangular box (three on each of four lines, which is perpendicular to the plates). Now I want to calculate the electric vector at a point along a line (also perpendicular to the plates) in the middle of the rectangular box. Since the the plate is not of infinite size, the electric field mat not be precisely perpendicular to the plates. so I want to calculate the actual electric field vector. Any body could give me some directions? Thanks.

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted