3D Graph of f(x,y) for -3≤x,y≤3

  • Topic: Maple 
  • Thread starter Thread starter MAins
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    3d Graph
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
MAins
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
> f:=(x,y)->(x+3*y -1)*e^(-(x^2)-(y^2));
> plot3d(f(x,y),x=-3..3,y=-3..3);

I'm supposed to plot for -3 less than or equal to x,y less than or equal to 3... Does that mean x=y at a given point? Anyway, I rewrote it as above and Maple does not show an error but rather shows just a blank space where the graph is supposed to be. Any suggestions?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Your input isn't formatted properly from what I can see. I assume by the e^ you want to use the exponential function right? Maple will evaluate 'e' as an undefined constant. If you want to use the exponential function, you must use exp(),

i.e. exp(-x^2-y^2)

see if that helps