3D surface of the land and ocean floor

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 12K views
SAZAR
Messages
200
Reaction score
0
Can someone point me to 3D model of surface of the land and ocean floor of the Earth,
or a grayscale elevation map so I could make my own 3D model from it.

I was curious - I wanted to play a bit with such "flat" (rectangular i.e. not spherical) 3D model of Earth's relief by placing a flat surface (that is: ocean surface) parallel to it intersecting with relief features at different levels so I would see how would Earth map look like with different ocean levels.

(I mean - imagine: new islands, new continents and other features - like some other planet!)

If someone already made that - I would like to see so give me some link - if not - give me material (grayscale-value elevation map in high enough resolution, but not too large) and I'll make it - no problem!
 
Earth sciences news on Phys.org
Google Earth 5 introduced 3D models of the ocean floor.

Is that sufficient?
 
Last edited by a moderator: