Explore an Amazing Maze in 3D Space!

• Thread starter AtlasSniperma
  • Start date
  • Tags
    3d Space
In summary: This is a simple program that enables you to explore a maze that consists of more than 2 dimensions(to a maximum of 8) in 3d space.You can't have more than three dimensions in 3D space. That "D" in 3D stands for "dimensions."You can't have more than three dimensions in 3D space. That "D" in 3D stands for "dimensions."
AtlasSniperma
Hey everybody,

So I just finished the first version of a personal project I've been working on. This is a simple program that enables you to explore a maze that consists of more than 2 dimensions(to a maximum of 8) in 3d space.

It's a simple creature that I'm not sure anyone would really be interested in playing, but if you are you can check it out at the following address.
http://www.indiedb.com/games/am4zing

Commentary and/or feedback is appreciated,
Thanks.

Technology news on Phys.org
Cool! How do you handle 4 to 8 dimensions in a 3D world?

Like, if you turn right 4 times do you not end up back where you started?

DaveC426913 said:
Cool! How do you handle 4 to 8 dimensions in a 3D world?

Like, if you turn right 4 times do you not end up back where you started?

Sadly no. That is in fact the original way it was attempted, but the program just wouldn't work. Instead it displays only 3 of the available dimensions at a time, and allows you to swap out what ones are visible at any given moment.

AtlasSniperma said:
This is a simple program that enables you to explore a maze that consists of more than 2 dimensions(to a maximum of 8) in 3d space.
You can't have more than three dimensions in 3D space. That "D" in 3D stands for "dimensions."

Likes AtlasSniperma
Mark44 said:
You can't have more than three dimensions in 3D space. That "D" in 3D stands for "dimensions."
-_- I realize that. The maze is abstracted to fit in our world. I meant as opposed to moving in a 2d maze like those in a newspaper and most maze programs.

AtlasSniperma said:
-_- I realize that. The maze is abstracted to fit in our world. I meant as opposed to moving in a 2d maze like those in a newspaper and most maze programs.
So how can you have up to 8 dimensions in 3D space?

Mark44 said:
See reply to 'DaveC426913' :D

AtlasSniperma said:
Sadly no. That is in fact the original way it was attempted, but the program just wouldn't work. Instead it displays only 3 of the available dimensions at a time, and allows you to swap out what ones are visible at any given moment.

Mark44 said:
There is a video explaining the concept.
Your view is always limited to a 3D hyperplane aligned to three spatial dimensions of the maze, which is then projected on the 2D screen. You can choose the view.

Likes AtlasSniperma

1. What is "Explore an Amazing Maze in 3D Space!"?

"Explore an Amazing Maze in 3D Space!" is a virtual reality experience that allows users to navigate through a complex and visually stunning maze in a 3D environment.

2. How does the maze in "Explore an Amazing Maze in 3D Space!" work?

The maze is created using advanced computer graphics technology and algorithms that generate a unique maze every time the experience is accessed. Users can interact with the maze using their virtual reality headset and controllers.

3. Is "Explore an Amazing Maze in 3D Space!" suitable for all ages?

Yes, "Explore an Amazing Maze in 3D Space!" is suitable for all ages. However, young children may require supervision while using virtual reality technology.

4. Can I customize the maze in "Explore an Amazing Maze in 3D Space!"?

Yes, users have the option to customize the maze by adjusting the difficulty level and choosing different themes and backgrounds. This allows for a unique and personalized experience every time.

5. Is "Explore an Amazing Maze in 3D Space!" educational?

While the main purpose of the experience is entertainment, "Explore an Amazing Maze in 3D Space!" can also improve spatial reasoning and problem-solving skills. It can also be used as a tool for teaching concepts such as geometry and navigation in a fun and interactive way.