A book on tensors like Linear Algebra by Friedberg et al.

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
vancouver_water
Messages
76
Reaction score
10
Hi, I am looking for a book that explains tensors and builds a working knowledge of tensors, like the book Linear Algebra by Friedberg Insel and Spence, which I thought explained things very well (if you haven't heard of it, its an intro. book on linear algebra). Thanks!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
You might find A Student's Guide to Vectors and Tensors, by Daniel Fleisch, helpful. I haven't read this book, but his other one on Maxwell's equations (in the same series) is great.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Anama Skout
Thanks for the suggestion! I actually have A Student's Guide to Lagrangians and Hamiltonians which is by a different author but is still really good