A crazy man with some crazy ideas

• Thread starter TheEyeOfTheEdelweiss
  • Start date
In summary, there was a man who had some very unconventional and bizarre ideas. He often shared these ideas with others, but they were often deemed as crazy and outlandish. Despite the skepticism and criticism, the man remained steadfast in his beliefs and continued to pursue his crazy ideas. Eventually, some of his ideas gained recognition and even success, proving that sometimes it takes a bit of craziness to bring about true innovation and change.
TheEyeOfTheEdelweiss
Hi everyone :)

I have always been fascinated with physics, and especially with astronomy and elementary particles.

In school, it was a pretty tough decision choosing between physics and biology, but in the end I chose the latter.

In any case, I have a hypothesis on why the universe might be shrinking, and it has sit in my mind for the past 10 years, so I think it's time to share it and see if there could be even an ounce off a possible truth in it :) Also I have few other ideas that I want to get off my mind :)

Anyways, it's nice to be here :)

Physics news on Phys.org
TheEyeOfTheEdelweiss said:
Hi everyone :)

I have always been fascinated with physics, and especially with astronomy and elementary particles.

In school, it was a pretty tough decision choosing between physics and biology, but in the end I chose the latter.

In any case, I have a hypothesis on why the universe might be shrinking, and it has sit in my mind for the past 10 years, so I think it's time to share it and see if there could be even an ounce off a possible truth in it :) Also I have few other ideas that I want to get off my mind :)

Anyways, it's nice to be here :)
Welcome to the forum.

Before posting any personal theories you should read the rules (which specifically prohibit personal theories).

Given that the universe is not shrinking but the reverse, I would revisit your conclusions.

Likes berkeman and DaveC426913
Vanadium 50 said:
Given that the universe is not shrinking but the reverse, I would revisit your conclusions.
Well, his fallacious conclusion is surely the result of a fallacious premise, so it's the premise that needs to be revisited. When he finds the mistake there, his wrong conclusion will evaporate.

Likes TheEyeOfTheEdelweiss
phinds said:
Welcome to the forum.

Before posting any personal theories you should read the rules (which specifically prohibit personal theories).
Ugh, it is a hypothesis not a theory. And it seems to me that all theories in all sciences have started as someone's personal hypothesis?

Anyways, all I wanted for someone to point out why it probably is wrong, which is a great way for everyone to learn.

In this case, is there a section where I can ask physics questions? I can just ask questions, the answers to which could easily disprove it, without posting my hypothesis at all.

Ugh, it is a hypothesis not a theory. And it seems to me that all theories in all sciences have started as someone's personal hypothesis?

Anyways, all I wanted for someone to point out why it probably is wrong, which is a great way for everyone to learn.

In this case, is there a section where I can ask physics questions? I can just ask questions, the answers to which could easily disprove it, without posting my hypothesis at all.
Hypothesis or theory is somewhat irrelevant to my comment. The point is that unless it is part of established science, we don't discuss it. We don't mean to imply that discussing new ideas is a bad thing, just that such discussions here on an Internet forum always leads to our trying to debunk nonsense and the owner and moderators even tried that for a while but it was a waste of time for the unpaid moderators who generously donate their time and expertise to helping people here. New ideas really need to start off in refereed journals.

There are many sub-forums where you can post your questions but be sure you have researched the idea some first so that if your idea is in conflict with established science you can avoid sounding as though you are challenging established science.

Last edited:
And it seems to me that all theories in all sciences have started as someone's personal hypothesis?
Very few if any have started out as the personal hypothesis of someone who hasn't studied the field. Indeed, some might say "I haven't studied this, but I am certain that those who have are wrong, wrong, wrong" is the worst possible starting point. In any event, the rules you just agreed to when you joined say you will not discuss this here.

Phinds has been trying to help you. One thing he says often is this:
phinds said:
Trying to think outside the box is a good thing but it's a good idea to first study and learn
what's IN the box and what thousands of physicists have already confirmed about what's in the box.

You should look upon PF as the place to learn what is in the box.

So perhaps a good question might be "Is the universe expanding or contracting? How do we know?" You could also do a search for similar questions that have already been answered.

I joined with the intent to share my answers of time and space with those too close to see the forest. My first posts got deleted, I stayed anyway.
Glad I did, even though I do feel silly about what I knew for sure less than a few months ago.

Likes phinds

1. What are some examples of the crazy ideas this man has?

Some examples of the crazy ideas this man has include building a time machine, creating a new form of energy using only sound waves, and finding a way to communicate with animals.

2. Has this man's crazy ideas ever been proven to work?

No, none of his ideas have been proven to work. They are purely theoretical and have not been tested or proven through scientific methods.

3. How did this man come up with these crazy ideas?

It is not clear how this man came up with these ideas. It is possible that he was influenced by science fiction or had a unique thought process that led him to these ideas.

4. Is this man considered a credible source in the scientific community?

No, this man is not considered a credible source in the scientific community as his ideas have not been tested or proven through scientific methods.

5. Are there any potential benefits to exploring these crazy ideas?

While these ideas may seem far-fetched, there is always potential for new discoveries and innovations in science. Exploring these ideas could lead to new insights and advancements in various fields.