A good book for engineering physics.

In summary, for engineering physics and chemistry, the recommended books are:1. Engineering Mechanics: Statics and Dynamics by R C Hibbler2. Engineering Electromagnetics by William H Hayt Jr.For engineering mathematics, the best options are:1. E. Kreyszig - internationally recommended2. B.S. Grewal - suitable for Indian syllabus
judas_priest
Recommend a few good or the best books for engineering physics. Even chemistry if you have an idea. Books which go into the depth and well explained are preferred.

Physics news on Phys.org
Engineering Mechanics: Statics and Dynamics by R C Hibbler.

Engineering Electromagnetics by William H Hayt Jr.(Edit)

these are the two books(in English) I personally used for Engineering Physics.

Last edited:
I'm assuming you meant Hayt. Thanks. I don't think I'll need engineering mechanics. I'm an electronics student.
What do you suggest for engineering mathematics?

E. Kreyszig is the best suited and Internationally Recommended text for Engineering Mathematics. but B.S.Grewal, Engineering Mathematics is quite Local in India, may be this suits your syllabus completely. otherwise continue with Kreyszig.

I understand the importance of finding reliable and well-explained resources for engineering physics and related subjects. In my experience, one of the best books for engineering physics is "Engineering Physics" by Gaur and Gupta. This book covers all the fundamental concepts of engineering physics, including mechanics, thermodynamics, electricity and magnetism, and optics, in a clear and concise manner.

Another excellent resource is "University Physics" by Young and Freedman. This book is widely used in undergraduate courses and provides a comprehensive understanding of physics principles, with a strong focus on their application in engineering.

For a more in-depth look at specific topics, I would recommend "Introduction to Solid State Physics" by Charles Kittel. This book delves into the fascinating world of materials science and covers topics such as crystal structures, electronic properties, and semiconductors.

In terms of chemistry, "Chemical Principles" by Peter Atkins and Loretta Jones is a highly recommended textbook. It provides a solid foundation in chemical concepts, with a focus on their application in engineering and technology.

Overall, these books are well-written, informative, and provide a strong foundation for understanding engineering physics and related subjects. I hope you find them useful in your studies.

1. What makes a book a good resource for engineering physics?

A good book for engineering physics should have a clear and comprehensive explanation of key concepts, relevant and updated information, and practical examples and problems for students to apply their knowledge.

2. How can I choose the best book for engineering physics?

To choose the best book for engineering physics, consider your learning style and the level of detail you need. Look for recommendations from trusted sources, and check the author's credentials and experience in the field.

3. Is it necessary to have a strong background in physics to understand an engineering physics book?

While a basic understanding of physics is helpful, most engineering physics books are written with the assumption that readers have little to no prior knowledge. Clear explanations and examples are provided to help students grasp the concepts.

4. Can a good book for engineering physics be used for self-study?

Yes, a good book for engineering physics can be used for self-study. However, it is recommended to also seek guidance from a teacher or tutor to ensure a thorough understanding of the material.

5. Are there any specific topics that a good book for engineering physics should cover?

A good book for engineering physics should cover topics such as mechanics, thermodynamics, electricity and magnetism, optics, and modern physics. It should also include practical applications and real-world examples to help students understand the relevance of these concepts in the field of engineering.