1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A sub-field of relatively employable applied/experimental physics

1. Jul 14, 2013 #1
    Hello,

I am a rising sophomore at university majoring in physics. Since high school and through university lectures and labs, I have discovered that applied/experimental physics is my cup of tea and I wish to pursue a doctorate degree. But also, I do not wish to be drowning with debts after I graduate, so I would rather pursue a sub-field that is relatively employable since I enjoy all physics. I have taken programming courses in Python and C and will take C++ and get some hands-on experience for programming for experiments.

Here's one problem. I am color-blind. I did not choose electrical engineering because I could not read the colors of resistor bands with certainty. Will this exclude any of the possible options?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 24, 2014 #2
    when you study in physics is there a problem? because you partially color blind?

4. Jun 24, 2014 #3

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Read this thread:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=410271

Being color blind is not an issue at all.

Zz.

5. Jun 24, 2014 #4
    really ? many experiment in physics its make me scare

6. Jun 25, 2014 #5

DLX

I am "somewhat" colour blind and I finished the electronic engineering course without too much difficulty. It's doable, colour blindness is much less of an issue than it is made out to be :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook