What's your biggest pet peeve right now?

• Thread starter Schrodinger's Dog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary: People who insist on standing at the top of the long set of stairs from the parking lot to the building I work in and smoke there...by the time I get to the top of the stairs, I'm breathing pretty heavily, and the last thing I need at the top is a...smoker?:mad:
Asthma, anyone who hasn't experienced, it, imagine spending all morning coughing, then taking your medication again, and feeling tired and oddly very warm, because you are exhausted by the big guy standing on your chest for the last hour or so, not only that but your irrational and your memory goes, and you get angry for no reason. Then after it's passed you wonder why you were so angry.then you have to go out in the cold and it gets worse, you come back and because you can't stop coughing long enough to take some more meds you end up upchucking your breakfast into the toilet, then falling asleep for five hours.

And crazy people on buses, now I understand even mentally disturbed people have to travel, but can't they walk?:smile: :wink: and if they're that crazy why are they out in the community anyway? Look I like to sleep on public transport k, sod off :tongue2:

Racists, you know not just racists, who firmly know they are racists, but the hypocrites people who harp on about immigrants for half an hour, even though it's been proven that they are a positive boon to our economy, and end up doing the jobs no one else will do? Then when you accuse them of being racist, they say they aren't? What's that all about, they're a benefit, a minority are illegal and sponging, deal with them, don't lump all immigrants together.

Just a few grumbles :grumpy: :smile:

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
1)People who try to screw you over on purpose because of the curve. I know someone who needed help on a math question so I helped them out and showed them what to do. Later on I wanted to check and see that I had done a question right and they refused because they "didn't want to throw off the curve"

2) City people who think they are god's gift to the Earth because they are from the city...this is a pet peeve of mine. I don't really understand how some people can think they are so much better because they live in a city but a suprisingly large amount of people do. Apparently people who come from rural areas are bunch of uneducated rednecks...who knew!? :grumpy:

My pet peeve is sneaky snakes that harass my friend when she is on her tractor and bite her tires to let the air out, then wait until she has to make a run for it (food, water, bathroom break, whatever) to launch their attacks. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Apparently people who come from rural areas are bunch of uneducated rednecks...who knew!?

Isn't it true that they are generally? Hehe.

verty said:
Watch it, buddy. I grew up in a town of ~600 in the middle of nowhere. When I was 10, my parents bought a house of their own and the owner left a large collection of cheaply-printed classic books in the walk-in closet that became my room. After reading books by Twain, Hawthorn, Dickens, Verne, Poe and on and on, I had a pretty good literary education in a couple of years. I was a voracious reader even at age ten, and when my father could afford to buy a set of World Book encyclopedias (about the time that I had plowed through most of the literature in my bedroom) I read every volume, cover to cover. Broadcast TV in the early 60's was even more of a wasteland than it is now, if you can believe that, so books were my entertainment. I might have been a hick with rough edges, but I was a lot better educated than the kids from the larger town in the school district that we were in.

turbo-1 said:
My pet peeve is sneaky snakes that harass my friend when she is on her tractor and bite her tires to let the air out, then wait until she has to make a run for it (food, water, bathroom break, whatever) to launch their attacks. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: I think I am being made fun of here :blushing:

verty said:

:grumpy:

Microsoft. Blows. Goats.

I think this is more of anger than annoyance

scorpa said:
:rofl: :rofl: I think I am being made fun of here :blushing:
Not really. OK, maybe just a little. :rolleyes:

turbo-1 said:

This cries out to be the subject of a Gary Larson cartoon. :approve:

Your redneck friend,
MIH
(who, incidentally, just finished eating some bbq made with sauce imported from Tuscaloosa, Alabama ... mmm-mmMM!)

Math Is Hard said:
This cries out to be the subject of a Gary Larson cartoon. :approve:

Your redneck friend,
MIH
(who, incidentally, just finished eating some bbq made with sauce imported from Tuscaloosa, Alabama ... mmm-mmMM!)
Oh, MIH! We had BBQ chicken with baked potatoes and a simple green salad with roasted red pepper vinaigrette dressing for supper. I can't go for more than a few days without a bit of hot sauce on chicken, pork, etc. Wait! is this the food thread?

Last edited:
turbo-1 said:

Thats the plot to Tremors! :rolleyes:

turbo-1 said:
Oh, MIH! We had BBQ chicken with baked potatoes and a simple green salad for supper. I can't go for more than a few days without a bit of hot sauce on chicken, pork, etc. Wait! is this the food thread?

That sounds lovely! Especially the taters. (sometimes I think all roads lead to food around here)
speaking of taters.. I was thinking about you last week. I was watching the Andy Griffith episode where Briscoe declares for Aunt Bee. I like the part where he and the boys come for supper, and when they run out potatoes at the dinner table, Mr. Darling yells TATERS! at Aunt Bee in the kitchen:biggrin:

ok, what were we talking about? I need my ADD medicine.

oh, yes - niggles - holy smokes! Scorpa I thought about you this morning. My poor neighbor got her car tires slashed for the 3rd time! and they spray painted it, too. Stupid kids!:mad:

Kurdt said:
Thats the plot to Tremors! :rolleyes:
I knew it! The reptilian stars all moved to western Canada where the cost of living is reasonable, and are collecting their royalties and attacking innocent young women, much like the stars of other B movies. :grumpy: Sneaky snakes!

Math Is Hard said:
That sounds lovely! Especially the taters. (sometimes I think all roads lead to food around here) speaking of taters.. I was thinking about you last week. I was watching the Andy Griffith episode where Briscoe declare for Aunt Bee. I like the part where he and the boys come for supper, and when they run out potatoes at the dinner table, Mr. Darling yells TATERS! at Aunt Bee in the kitchen:biggrin:

ok, what were we talking about? I need my ADD medicine.

oh, yes - niggles - holy smokes! Scorpa I thought about you this morning. My poor neighbor got her car tires slashed for the 3rd time! and they spray painted it, too. Stupid kids!:mad:
I used to love the episodes that featured the Darlings (Denver Pyle and the Dillards - a really good band in real life). Denver would tell the boys to strike up "Slimy River Bottom" and Charlene would plead "Oh no, Pa! That one makes me cry!" :rofl:

Last edited:
Math Is Hard said:

Ugh stupid people...it's even worse when it's kids because they never get punished because the poor dears had no idea what they were doing was wrong :mad: That really sucks for your neighbour...and 3 times!

turbo-1 said:
I knew it! The reptilian stars all moved to western Canada where the cost of living is reasonable, and are collecting their royalties and attacking innocent young women, much like the stars of other B movies. :grumpy: Sneaky snakes!

:eek: Yes that is clearly what is happening! We must join forces eradicate them from a reasonably safe distance.

scorpa said:
:eek: Yes that is clearly what is happening! We must join forces eradicate them from a reasonably safe distance.
I've got an old Ithaca 16 ga shotgun, and we can till them in with my 70's vintage Troy-Bilt Horse, though if you can stand doing the tractor-duty, I can travel light and just bring the shotgun. :biggrin:

turbo-1 said:
I've got an old Ithaca 16 ga shotgun, and we can till them in with my 70's vintage Troy-Bilt Horse, though if you can stand doing the tractor-duty, I can travel light and just bring the shotgun. :biggrin:

Ok it's probably best you go at them with the shotgun, it has been awhile since I have gone shooting, and my aim was poor at the best of times :rolleyes: I'll take tractor duty and together we will rid the world of these evil menaces...or at least my yard.

It is weird though because when I was a kid I remember us having snakes in our yard all the time...we would chase them around (never got brave enough to touch them though...we picked them up with sticks :redface: )...now I don't think I've seen a snake there for years. Same with frogs and salamanders...very rarely see those either anymore.

scorpa said:
It is weird though because when I was a kid I remember us having snakes in our yard all the time...we would chase them around (never got brave enough to touch them though...we picked them up with sticks :redface: )...now I don't think I've seen a snake there for years. Same with frogs and salamanders...very rarely see those either anymore.

Maybe that's because you've been grinding them all up with the rototiller for plant food? :uhh:

Moonbear said:
Maybe that's because you've been grinding them all up with the rototiller for plant food? :uhh:

Well that is a possibility. In all honesty that only ever happened to the unlucky few that slithered into my path...I will not swerve and mess up my nice straight lines for such inconsiderate snakes. Not to mention that I tend to not be the most observant at times...and don't notice them until...well its a bit to late :uhh:

Back