Absence of stars in photos

• Thread starter lppa2006
  • Start date
Then I get bombed with all these bizarre photos supposedly from "Langley, Virginia" -

http://apolloreality.bravehost.com/
What is the official reason for those large spheres on which they painted the moon surface?

russ_watters
Mentor
There is a picture there of an astronaut flying a simulator next to that sphere, jostpuur...

Nice of these guys to provide their own debunking!

rcgldr
Homework Helper
In one of the Apollo missions they left an array of mirrors shaped like cube cut diagonally, and laser beams have been shot from the earth and bounced off those mirrors and it was shown on TV several times in the 1970's. Also, Apollo 13's Lunar Module is at the bottom of an ocean, but if someone retrieved it, they'd could use the nice plutonium button / thermal couple power source and cut down on their electric bill.

Then again, for the conspiracy theorists, you should watch the movie Capricorn 1 which explains how all this stuff was faked.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077294

There were other hoax based movies as well, in the very excellent movie "3 Days of the Condor", there is a reference to a conspiracy to invade the middle east, which is just ridiculous.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073802

Last edited:
They are good movies!

Hey, the Apollo 17 astronauts were on the moon for a considerable amount of time - over 70-odd hours!

Did they sleep in the cramped LM? Or did they take amphetamines? I have read on the internet that astronauts were indeed prescribed "speed" to keep them awake & alert through their mission!

Is this true? Because perhaps it would explain the bizarre behaviour of Lisa Nowak.

Astronauts on "ice"? Hmm.....

russ_watters
Mentor
It is generally frowned-upon to cite popular movies as source material, but you really should watch the HBO mini-series "From the Earth To the Moon". It tells the story in a more "real" way than any other I've seen.

Yes, of course they slept in the LEM (or tried to). Again, this is one of those obvious things that really shouldn't generate conspiracy theory. With all the billions of dollars of engineering behind the project, it is absurd to believe that they wouldn't have figured out how to do it. The answer is simple: hammocks.

I don't know why anyone would think NASA would drug their astronauts. Landing on and exploring the moon requires functional pilots/engineers/scientists.

I don't know why anyone would think NASA would drug their astronauts. Landing on and exploring the moon requires functional pilots/engineers/scientists.
Hence the dexadrine! Are you saying astronauts (early or otherwise) were NOT given any kind of stimulant whatsoever? A quick google will pull up many "credible" sites that say otherwise!

Russ, why were you so quick to deny any administration of drugs to astronauts, when in fact it appears to be the case that they WERE given stimulants? And probably still are - tho' this would of course be kept "low-key" by NASA in today's anti-drugs hysteria!

My question is simply, in keeping with the Apollo 17 theme, DID those astronauts really sleep while on the moon? I don't know, I'm just questioning... I'm thinking, well, millions of dollars per minute while on the moon, hmm, sleep seems such a waste!