AC generator calculation question

In summary, the emf induced in one side of the coil is calculated using the formula EMF = 2π(0.3/2)(50)(96.8mT)(sin30) = 45.62 V. The frequency is 50 Hz and the coil is rotated 30 degrees from the vertical with the long sides facing the magnets. This calculation assumes that the picture of the situation is accurate.
Th3_PhYsIcS
1. Calculate the emf induced in ONE side of a coil of length 0.4m and width 0.3m, when there are 50 turns in the coil and the flux density is 96.8 mT, and the coil is rotated 30 degrees from the vertical. Frequency is 50 Hz and the long sides are the ones facing the magnets.

Physics news on Phys.org
Relevant equations? Your attempt? Please follow the template.

2. Relevant equation(s): EMF = v l B N sinθ

3. My attempt: v = 2 ∏ (0.3/2) * 50 = 47.13 ms-1 ∴ emf = 47.13(0.4)(96.8 * 10^-3)(50)(sin30) = 45.62 V

is ^ my method correct. Sorry i am new to these forums

Can't find anything wrong, so unless the picture we have of the situation is wrong, that's the emf !

1. How do I calculate the frequency of an AC generator?

The frequency of an AC generator can be calculated by dividing the number of poles by the speed of the generator in revolutions per minute (RPM). This value is then multiplied by 120, which is the constant for the conversion of revolutions per minute to cycles per second. The formula for calculating frequency is: f = (number of poles x RPM)/120.

2. What is the formula for calculating the output voltage of an AC generator?

The output voltage of an AC generator can be calculated using the formula V = K x N x A x B, where V is the output voltage, K is a constant (usually between 0.95 and 0.98), N is the number of turns per coil, A is the cross-sectional area of the coil, and B is the magnetic flux density.

3. How do I determine the power output of an AC generator?

The power output of an AC generator can be calculated by multiplying the output voltage by the output current. The formula for power is P = V x I, where P is power in watts, V is voltage in volts, and I is current in amperes.

4. How do I calculate the efficiency of an AC generator?

The efficiency of an AC generator can be calculated by dividing the output power by the input power and multiplying by 100 to get a percentage. The formula for efficiency is: η = (Pout/Pin) x 100%, where η is efficiency, Pout is output power, and Pin is input power.

5. What factors affect the output voltage of an AC generator?

The output voltage of an AC generator can be affected by several factors, including the speed of the generator, the number of turns in the coil, the strength of the magnetic field, and the amount of resistance in the circuit. Changes in any of these factors can cause fluctuations in the output voltage.