1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Acceleration Question for a High School Physics Lab

1. Jan 13, 2008 #1
    Hi there. I'm having issues with a high school lab that deals with acceleration of objects down inclined planes. At the top of my lab questions, there's a simple diagram (just a triangle with a rectangle on the hypotenuse, representing a cart), and one of the questions pertains to it:

What is the acceleration of the cart when the incline is at an angle of 36 degrees?

Basically, it's asking how to solve for acceleration of the object by giving just the angle. I am absolutely terrible when it comes to math and logic, so this may be a ridiculously simple problem, but nonetheless I do not know how to go about doing it. If anyone is willing to attempt to visualize this problem and give me pointers in solving it, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 13, 2008 #2

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?