1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics Accelerator Physicist info?

1. Apr 26, 2017 #1
    I looked on google for someone's opinion about this field, unfortunately, my search deemed unsuccessful as i found non other than jobs looking for accelerator physicist themselves. and this lack itself worries me. I would like to know more about this field, an explanation, for a simple minded human, of their work environments, how easy can they get a job, is it a dangerous field, is it hard, are they scarce, are physics lab agencies the only place they can work at, and what are their other career paths that they can consider apart from building accelerators?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 26, 2017 #2

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Have you read this?

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/accelerator-physics-a-field-where-jobs-go-begging.410271/

Zz.

4. Apr 26, 2017 #3
    Why do you think building particle accelerators is dangerous?
    There are of course necessary precautions when dealing with stuff like liquid helium and immensely powerful magnets,
    but then building anything, like a roller-coaster ride for example, could be dangerous if safety was not a consideration.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted