Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ad on PF

1. May 22, 2007 #1

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Before I logged on just now, I saw an ad for a book:

www.themindofgod.net

I'm not sure what its really about, but it seems kind of fishy to me?

Is it a crackpot ad? What do the rest of you think?

2. jcsd
  3. May 22, 2007 #2

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

We're riddled with crackpot ads. This was brought up when we first started using the Google adserver a few years back and if I recall, Greg can ask to have certain ads removed, and we had people reporting them for a time, but that seems to have died off, and we have no control over what they place there to begin with. It's controlled by key words on the page.

4. May 23, 2007 #3
    From one of the "reviews"
    I think he was referring the book as a case study in crackpot psychology :rofl:

5. May 23, 2007 #4

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

This may not be something that everyone realizes. PF mentors, and members who contributed to PF, do not see these ads. We get an ad-free PF. So it is not as if we tolerate them, but rather, we don't know about that. So we depend on other members to notify us, as being done in this thread, about these ads whenever they seem them.

Zz.

6. May 23, 2007 #5

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Yeah, most of the time I can't see them. I just happened to notice this one while I was in the process of logging in.

7. May 23, 2007 #6
    I don't see any of them either, but I think that's due to one of the Firefox extensions.

8. May 23, 2007 #7
    themindofgod.net has been banned

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?