Adapting compressible flow pressure loss data from air to natural gas

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
kayjaygee_13
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Hi! I have experimental data measuring losses across an obstruction in compressible flow which basically consists of static pressure, total pressure and total temperature upstream of the obstruction and the same variables downstream for a number of different mass flow rates. This data was collected using air. Now I was wondering if it was possible, using theory and some reasonable assumptions to transform the data so that it would be applicable if natural gas was being used instead of air. Thank you in advance.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
kayjaygee_13 said:
Hi! I have experimental data measuring losses across an obstruction in compressible flow which basically consists of static pressure, total pressure and total temperature upstream of the obstruction and the same variables downstream for a number of different mass flow rates. This data was collected using air. Now I was wondering if it was possible, using theory and some reasonable assumptions to transform the data so that it would be applicable if natural gas was being used instead of air. Thank you in advance.
This can probably done using dimensional analysis.