Add To Win API Send To Menu for VLC Project

• Thread starter rxwontfit
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the desire to add a program to the "Send To" menu in Windows Explorer. The individuals are working on a project involving communication through a visible light channel and want to be able to right-click a file and send it to VLC. They plan to have a background process that will encode the data and send it out the serial port. Some possible solutions for adding to the "Send To" menu are suggested, such as using Microsoft Knowledge Base or Lifehacker articles.
rxwontfit
When right-clicking any file in Windows Explorer, there's a SEND TO menu. I want to add to this menu. My colleague and I are attempting communication over a visible light channel for our senior year electrical engineering project. What I'm imagining is right-click->Send To->VLC. There will be a process running in the background that detects this event, encodes the data if need be, and fires it out the serial port. Any ideas how to add to this menu, and get a program running from it?

Technology news on Phys.org

Related to Add To Win API Send To Menu for VLC Project

1. What is the purpose of the "Add To Win API Send To Menu for VLC Project"?

The purpose of this project is to add a feature to the Windows operating system's context menu, allowing users to easily send media files directly to the VLC media player. This makes it more convenient for users to open media files in VLC without having to first open the application and manually load the file.

2. How does the "Add To Win API Send To Menu for VLC Project" work?

This project works by creating a custom DLL file that integrates with the Windows API and allows for the addition of a "Send to VLC" option in the context menu. This option then triggers a command that sends the selected media file to VLC for playback.

3. Is the "Add To Win API Send To Menu for VLC Project" compatible with all versions of Windows?

Yes, this project is compatible with all versions of the Windows operating system, including Windows 10, 8, 7, and older versions.

4. Can the "Add To Win API Send To Menu for VLC Project" be customized?

Yes, this project can be customized to fit the specific needs and preferences of the user. This includes changing the name of the "Send to VLC" option, as well as adding additional options or features to the context menu.

5. Is the "Add To Win API Send To Menu for VLC Project" open-source?

Yes, this project is open-source and can be accessed and modified by anyone. The source code is available for download on various platforms, such as GitHub, and can be used for personal or commercial purposes.