Aerodynamic performance of a double shrouded fan

  • Thread starter Thread starter Analysis
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Fan performance
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 4K views
Analysis
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Hai

I am using a double shroud fan wheel for our application. what will be happened, if i use the same dimensions fan wheel with single shroud ?. can u clariffy for the same in the following points.

1. Discharge

2. Total Head or static head or Dynamic head

3. Power

With regards

K Ilangovan
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Can you clarify what you mean by a 'double shroud fan'? Do you mean co-axial shrouds, or sequential, or what? I don't see the point of having two. :confused:
 
Danger said:
Can you clarify what you mean by a 'double shroud fan'? Do you mean co-axial shrouds, or sequential, or what? I don't see the point of having two. :confused:

Double shroud refers both end closed in between vanes are placed
refer enclosed attachment

Thanks advance
Ilongo
 
Attachments
  • shroud.gif
    shroud.gif
    138.8 KB · Views: 619
I can't really say for sure. You have, essentially a squirrel cage blower element. I would expect that your performance would decrease because of increased leakage. This is something that normally one would just test.
 
I misunderstood the original concept; I was thinking of an axial-flow fan with the shroud enclosing it.
I agree with Fred that going to a single shroud would decrease your efficiency. After all, that's half-way to having none.
Nice picture, by the way.