What is the solution for √(4800)=√((80cos ̂)^2+(80sin ̂)^2)?

• Thread starter brandy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Algebra
In summary, the conversation discusses rearranging an equation involving the unknown angle theta in order to make it equal theta. The initial equation given was found to be false, and it is explained that in order for the equation to be true, x must equal 1. The speaker admits to struggling with this concept and apologizes for any mistakes made.
brandy
my problem is this: √(4800)=√((80cos ̂)^2+(80sin ̂)^2)
pretty simple i no but i still keep making mistakes somewhere.
i can get it down to: 4800/6400=(cos ̂)^2 + (sin ̂)^2
but then i get a little stuck.
by the way ̂=thetre=unkown angle.
good luck
i need it.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
It's false... sin2(x) + cos2(x) = 1 for all values of x and 4800/6400 is not equal to 1, thus the equation is simply false.

d_leet said:
It's false... sin2(x) + cos2(x) = 1 for all values of x and 4800/6400 is not equal to 1, thus the equation is simply false.

yea i figured that out just before. oops. mybad. but how could you rearange a similar equation so that it equalled thetre.
im not very intelligent if u haven't already noticed.
no wait scratch that. how could u rearrange the equation x=(cos thetre)^2 + (sin thetre)^2
even though my original numbers were incorrect.

Last edited:
brandy said:
yea i figured that out just before. oops. mybad. but how could you rearange a similar equation so that it equalled thetre.
im not very intelligent if u haven't already noticed.
no wait scratch that. how could u rearrange the equation x=(cos thetre)^2 + (sin thetre)^2
even though my original numbers were incorrect.

in that situation x must be 1, it cannot have any other value if that is to be a true statement.

1. What is algebra?

Algebra is a branch of mathematics that deals with the manipulation of symbols and equations to solve mathematical problems.

2. What are variables in algebra?

Variables in algebra are symbols or letters that represent unknown quantities or values in a mathematical equation.

3. What are square numbers?

Square numbers are numbers that are multiplied by itself, resulting in a perfect square. For example, 4 is a square number because 2 x 2 = 4.

4. What is the square root?

The square root of a number is the value that, when multiplied by itself, gives the original number. For example, the square root of 9 is 3 because 3 x 3 = 9.

5. How is algebra used in real life?

Algebra is used in various fields such as science, engineering, economics, and finance to solve complex problems and make predictions. It is also used in everyday life, such as calculating discounts, budgeting, and measuring distances.