Algebra and Trigonometry by Sheldon Axler

In summary, "Algebra and Trigonometry by Sheldon Axler" is a comprehensive textbook that aims to provide a rigorous introduction to the fundamental concepts and techniques of algebra and trigonometry. It is suitable for beginners and stands out from other textbooks by focusing on developing a deep understanding of the material and including real-world applications. The textbook includes exercises and practice problems, making it useful for self-study, and also provides online resources for additional practice and review.
JVNeumann
Hi.

Anyone used this textbook? What did you think of it?

Physics news on Phys.org
I used the book for self-study awhile back and worked through the first 80 pages. For me, it's a good, tough, book. The section on inequalities was especially difficult, but once I got it under my belt I really appreciated the struggle.

If you have any more questions, post them and I'll try to give you my best answers.

Very good and covers most of what you need for calculus .

1. What is the main focus of "Algebra and Trigonometry by Sheldon Axler"?

The main focus of "Algebra and Trigonometry by Sheldon Axler" is to provide a comprehensive and rigorous introduction to the fundamental concepts and techniques of algebra and trigonometry. It covers topics such as equations, functions, polynomials, logarithms, and trigonometric functions.

2. Is this textbook suitable for beginners in algebra and trigonometry?

Yes, "Algebra and Trigonometry by Sheldon Axler" is suitable for beginners as it starts with the basic concepts and gradually builds upon them, providing clear explanations and examples to help students understand the material.

3. How is this textbook different from other algebra and trigonometry textbooks?

This textbook is different from others as it focuses on developing a deep understanding of the concepts rather than just memorizing formulas and procedures. It also includes applications of algebra and trigonometry in real-world scenarios, making the material more relevant and engaging.

4. Does this textbook include exercises and practice problems?

Yes, "Algebra and Trigonometry by Sheldon Axler" includes a wide range of exercises and practice problems to help students reinforce their understanding of the material. It also includes fully worked solutions to select problems for students to check their work.

5. Can this textbook be used for self-study?

Yes, this textbook can be used for self-study as it provides clear explanations, numerous examples, and practice problems to help students learn independently. It also includes online resources such as video lectures and interactive quizzes for additional practice and review.