Alternative software to geant4?

In summary, the conversation discusses the need to simulate a gaseous detector using UV lamps and the limitations of using Geant4 for this purpose. The speaker mentions Garfield as an option but notes that it takes too much time. They ask for suggestions of alternative software, preferably in C++, C#, or Python, but any language is acceptable. The expert suggests GAMOS and provides a list of potential alternatives, including Julia, which may have potential for this type of simulation.
LCSphysicist
TL;DR Summary
Geant4 not working as the expected :/
I need to simulate a gaseous detector involving UV Lamp's. I have tried using Geant4.

Now i think this says by itself, two geant4's weak point: Gaseous medium, it is relatively bad at simulate in it, and low energy gamma gun, near 30 eV, which is too low for Geant4's physicslists. Garfield was one option to simulate the gaseous detector, but the simulation takes too much time.

Do you know some software similar to geant4? Preferably using or c++, or c# or python language. But if it is another language, no problem.

Technology news on Phys.org
I couldn't find any obvious alternatives to Geant4 but I did find some bindings that make it easier to use which likely won't help here but decided to post them in case it would.

http://fismed.ciemat.es/GAMOS/

and here's an alternatives list but not sure if they are really alternatives or not as they may have some functionality but not everything in Geant4

https://getalternative.net/software/geant4

I'm surprised that there are no Julia implementations of or bindings for Geant4. Julia is an open source Matlab like numerical computing language that is rapidly taking the scientific world by storm.

https://bib-pubdb1.desy.de/record/4...21_Article_PerformanceOfJuliaForHighEnerg.pdf

Likes Astronuc

What is the purpose of "Alternative software to geant4?"

Alternative software to geant4 is a type of computer program that is used for simulating and analyzing the interactions of particles with matter. It is commonly used in the field of high energy physics, medical imaging, and space science.

What are the main differences between geant4 and its alternative software?

The main differences between geant4 and its alternative software vary depending on the specific program being compared. However, some common differences may include the programming languages used, the user interface, the level of detail in simulations, and the types of particles and materials that can be simulated.

What are the benefits of using alternative software to geant4?

There are several potential benefits to using alternative software to geant4. These may include a more user-friendly interface, faster simulation times, more detailed results, and the ability to simulate a wider range of particles and materials. Additionally, using alternative software may provide a different perspective on a particular problem or allow for comparison with results obtained using geant4.

Are there any limitations or drawbacks to using alternative software to geant4?

Like any computer program, alternative software to geant4 may have limitations and drawbacks. These could include a steeper learning curve, potential compatibility issues with other software, or a lack of support or updates. It is important for users to thoroughly research and test any alternative software before incorporating it into their work.

Where can I find more information about alternative software to geant4?

There are various resources available for learning more about alternative software to geant4. These may include scientific publications, online forums and communities, conferences and workshops, and the websites of the specific programs themselves. It may also be helpful to consult with colleagues or experts in the field for recommendations and insights.