Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Aluminum foil hats

1. Sep 14, 2007 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I had better not say the company name, but a high profile company had an employee who was exposed to toxic fumes for years. As a result, at least according to popular opinion, his brain was so damaged by the fumes that he ended up wearing aluminum foil under his hat to keep the aliens living in the center of the earth from reading his mind.

He did critical testing on critical parts that directly affect public safety!

For me this was old news. What was interesting was to learn this morning that he managed to parlay his nominal 401K plan into over a million dollars in just a few years by [effectively] day trading his company plan, so he retired.

Now where is my aluminum foil?!?!?
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 14, 2007 #2
    Sulfer dioxide fumes?----or (organically produced) methane?
  4. Sep 14, 2007 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

petroleum based products
  5. Sep 14, 2007 #4

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

.........So......Let me get this straight. You guys....DON'T wear aluminum foil hats regularly?? I apparently seem to have fallen out of the fashion loop....*Puts on foil hat and walks out of thread*
  6. Sep 14, 2007 #5

Gold Member

Guy's obviously crazy.

Foil hats can only protect you from aliens in space above you. A foil cone on his head is actually serving as a parabolic focusser for the aliens in the centre of the Earth.
  7. Sep 14, 2007 #6
    That is why you wear lead lined underwear. Not only dose it prevent Superman from taking a peek, but it scatters your thought waves when read from the center of the earth.
  8. Sep 15, 2007 #7
  9. Sep 15, 2007 #8
    there is a picture floating around the net of a guy who is completely dressed in foil sitting next to a car covered in foil. Great picture, wish I had saved it.
  10. Sep 15, 2007 #9
    I know they're not made of tin anymore, but it's a much easier word to say and spell.

If you leave a large and flat enough area at the top, you can even cut out the shape of an animal.
  11. Sep 15, 2007 #10
    I like aluminum foil, but it hurts my teeth when I chew on it.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?