Am I the only one feeling dumb and stupid here? :p

  • Thread starter Thread starter ABD EL HAMEED
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Stupid
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
95 replies · 14K views
arildno said:
ACTUALLY, no rotting stink is attached to our megalodons. they have all been transformed into clean stone, prior to smacking initiates with them.

I was the guy who prepared the fish and pressed the button. I know better...though I wish I didn't

EDIT:Cheater you edited your post making my joke not funny.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Enigman said:
I was the guy who prepared the fish and pressed the button. I know better...though I wish I didn't

The wrath of the Al Azhar is upon you, then..

Cheat or no cheat, your joke is fun in limited contexts. :smile:
 
Woah, Megalodon is dead? You're telling me that the giant whale decoy they made for Shark Week DIDN'T attract an extinct shark?
 
Enigman said:
Fish slapping is not fun it is a necessity.
It is necessary fun, in order to create a harmonious sense of fellowship at PF.
:smile:
 
arildno said:
ACTUALLY, no rotting stink is attached to our megalodons. they have all been transformed into clean stone, prior to smacking initiates with them (this is contained as an explicit command in the caveat 3b.2 in the above-mentioned fatwa. Harmless fun must not involve stinking matters).

Ahh...hmm...what?
Enigman said:
I was the guy who prepared the fish and pressed the button. I know better...though I wish I didn't

EDIT:Cheater you edited your post making my joke not funny.

You're the one who made me smell like fish and slapped me twice
WHY U -___-

arildno said:
The wrath of the Al Azhar is upon you, then..

Cheat or no cheat, your joke is fun in limited contexts. :smile:
And meee :D
 
It is necessary fun, in order to create a harmonious sense of fellowship at PF.
Can't argue with that one...
 
ABD EL HAMEED said:
How did I cheat?I didn't edit anything

Not you it was Arildno.
 
Anyways:
My heartfelt welcome to you, Abd El Hameed, here at PF, and I hope you will enjoy your stay here. :smile:
Feeling "dumb/stupid" is certainly somewhat humiliating, but something felt by ALL as they progress along the learning curve within the hard sciences.
 
Enigman said:
Not you it was Arildno.
I don't count, I'm practically invisible. :approve:
 
arildno said:
I don't count, I'm practically invisible. :approve:

You do know you talking to an Enigma who goes by the name of Mr.E(mystery)?
I am invisible practically and theoretically...
 
Enigman said:
Not you it was Arildno.

Ahh
arildno said:
Anyways:
My heartfelt welcome to you, Abd El Hameed, here at PF, and I hope you will enjoy your stay here. :smile:
Feeling "dumb/stupid" is certainly somewhat humiliating, but something felt by ALL as they progress along the learning curve within the hard sciences.
Thanks :)
 
Enigman said:
You do know you talking to an Enigma who goes by the name of Mr.E(mystery)?
I am invisible practically and theoretically...

I can't seem able to get rid of this unidentifiable buzz in my visual ear...:frown:
 
Troll songs tend to stop at dawn.
Or so I was told in my childhood, due to the asserted physiological transformation trolls undergo at daybreak.
 
They are from my time-zone and are a bit dull so wait till night for the party.
 
arildno said:
Troll songs tend to stop at dawn.
Or so I was told in my childhood, due to the asserted physiological transformation trolls undergo at daybreak.

Did someone say troll?!
*troll mode activated*
ese7ubyj.jpg
 
Interesting.. what is fish preference of a troll? Does it change depending on the day or the night?
 
Also this thread has devolved into pure non-sense. Its quite entertaining.
 
Jesse H. said:
Interesting.. what is fish preference of a troll?
Raw.
Does it change depending on the day or the night?
The troll changes into stone when sunlight falls on it. It still would prefer raw fish regardless of time of day. It prefers humans to fishes though.
 
As you can see, the dramatist Henrik Ibsen (the guy in the top hat in the lower right corner was rather skeptical to what occurred in Oslo's (at that time Christiania) main street a spring morning in 1897. He just turned the other way around:
trollet_pa_karl_johan.jpg
 
Jesse H. said:
Also this thread has devolved into pure non-sense. Its quite entertaining.

I know :biggrin:
 
As you can see, the dramatist Henrik Ibsen (the guy in the top hat in the lower right corner was rather skeptical to what occurred in Oslo's (at that time Christiania) main street a spring morning in 1897. He just turned the other way around:

I am pretty skeptical myself...From the angle of the sun I would say the time a few hours from 12'O clock.
There are no big structures to hide the troll from sunlight.
So either the artist which Google tells me is Theodor Kittelsen made a boo-boo or we have been misinformed about the troll vulnerability of the radiation from the sun. Either way the cause is obvious: It was the aliens; they either brainwashed the artist to make a mistake and hide nefarious codes in the drawing or by deliberate misinformation they wish to spread confusion among the human ranks in case of a troll attack...
(And that is exactly how you shouldn't tell a joke.:blushing:)
 
Actually, Henrik Ibsen was the main proponent of the trolls-turn-to-stone theory, whereas Kittelsen was his ideological opponent.

Current views still follow their original dispute, stone-adherents (like myself) thinking the Kittelsen disciples put far too much empasis on the 1897 incident.
 
ABD EL HAMEED said:
What are you guys taking about?

Honestly?
I have no idea! :biggrin:
 
NOOOOOO! I missed the fish slap ceremony! :cry:

Well, I'm glad that you are properly initiated ABD EL HAMEED, welcome to PF. :smile:
I am sure you well enjoy it here.. and help to welcome newbies too. :biggrin: