How Long Will a Device Drawing 8mA Last on a 12V Battery? Learn the Answer Here!

• Thread starter david90
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Amp
In summary: This is assuming that the voltage remains consistent throughout the problem. In summary, it would take 3.125 hours for a device drawing 8 mA at a given voltage to last on a battery with a capacity of 25mAh at the same given voltage.
david90
How long will a device drawing 8 mA last on a 12 v bat that has a 25mAh?

25/8 = 3.125 hours?

Engineering news on Phys.org
You got it.

- Warren

is there a bat as small as a watch bat that can produce that much mAh at 12v?

Not that I know of.

- Warren

what is ur mAH for watch bat?

Hell if I know, but I've never seen a 12V watch battery. Most battery chemistries in use today are 1.5 volts or so -- they'd have to pack 8 cells into that watch battery package to get 12V, and I don't think it's been done.

- Warren

Electrical current and pressure

david90 said:
How long will a device drawing 8 mA last on a 12 v bat that has a 25mAh?
Voltage is electrical pressure, and it is analogous to water pressure. We don't need to know what the voltage is to answer this; we just need to know that it is considered consistent throughout the problem. The question should be stated as:How long will a device drawing 8 mA at a particular given voltage last on a battery that has a capacity of 25mAh at the same given voltage?.

25/8 = 3.125 hours?
Yes, if the question is stated as I corrected above.

1. What is an amp?

An amp, short for "amplifier," is an electronic device that increases the amplitude of an electrical signal, typically used to boost the volume of audio signals.

2. How does an amp work?

An amp works by taking an input signal and increasing its amplitude through a series of electronic components, such as transistors and capacitors. This amplified signal is then outputted to speakers or headphones.

3. What are the different types of amps?

There are several types of amps, including tube amps, solid-state amps, and digital amps. Tube amps use vacuum tubes to amplify signals, while solid-state amps use transistors. Digital amps use digital signal processing to amplify signals.

4. What is the difference between a preamp and a power amp?

A preamp is responsible for receiving and amplifying the initial input signal, while a power amp takes that amplified signal and boosts it even further to drive speakers or headphones.

5. Can an amp affect the sound quality?

Yes, an amp can greatly affect the sound quality of an audio system. A high-quality amp can provide a clean and powerful sound, while a lower-quality amp may introduce distortion or muddiness to the sound.