How does the circle method help with leverage problems?

• Thread starter Ted Farkas
  • Start date
In summary: I'm starting to understand how to apply my mathsIn summary, the conversation discusses a machine and the output force of 1.5 tons. The use of brackets and a schematic diagram are suggested for better analysis, and the circle method is noted as a helpful tool. The speaker thanks the others for their responses and expresses a better understanding of applying mathematics.
Ted Farkas
breakout leg.JPG
Hi,

This is another machine we have, with all the info I have received thus far regarding leverage.

Would I be correct in saying the output force is 177/574 x 5.1 ton giving aprrox 1.5 ton (F2).

The red rotates anti clockwise at the pivoit - this I would assume becomes harder because the pnuematic ram described as force F! compresses and rotates increasing the leverage slightly as R177 gets slighly bigger & cylinder volume compresses further.

thanks
Ted

Attachments

• breakout leg.JPG
    breakout leg.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 725
Engineering news on Phys.org
looks ok to me. I'd prefer brackets to show whether you meant 177/(574 x 5.1 ) or (177/574) x 5.1, but I get the same answer as you, so you must have done the latter.

You are also right to think about the changes as the lever rotates, moving the point of application and direction of the forces. The mechanical advantage could well vary as a result.

You are making progress in your analyses; now that you are using a rudimentary schematic rather than a full assembly for your analyses. It also makes it much easier for forum members to evaluate your result. All of the above appears correct to me.

Hi

Thanks guys for your responses. It's giving everything a lot more clarity. Yep I probably need to put my equations in excepted format as well to tidy things up.

Thanks
Brett
The circle method has really been a great help (cad makes if super easy)

What is "Another leverage problem"?

"Another leverage problem" is a term used in the field of finance and economics to refer to a situation where a company or individual is heavily reliant on borrowed funds or leverage to finance their operations or investments.

What are some common signs of "Another leverage problem"?

Some common signs of "Another leverage problem" include a high debt-to-equity ratio, low levels of cash reserves, and a heavy reliance on short-term debt to meet financial obligations.

What are the potential consequences of "Another leverage problem"?

The potential consequences of "Another leverage problem" can include an increased risk of bankruptcy or default, limited access to additional credit, and a decrease in overall financial stability and flexibility for the company or individual.

How can "Another leverage problem" be avoided or managed?

"Another leverage problem" can be avoided or managed by implementing a solid financial plan that includes diversifying sources of funding, maintaining a healthy balance between debt and equity, and regularly monitoring and adjusting leverage levels based on market conditions.

What role does leverage play in the overall economy?

Leverage can have both positive and negative impacts on the overall economy. In moderation, it can stimulate growth and investment, but excessive leverage can lead to economic instability and contribute to financial crises.